PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolishVendetta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touching the Touch screen no longer works

BACKSTORY: I bought my Touch Pro in December of last year from BestBuy and bought the BlackTie coverage which covers accidental damage. A few months ago I noticed the Newton Rings on my screen and took it back to them. The said it was a known issue and they would replace it with any comparable phone due to the Touch Pro being discontinued. At the time the only phone even close was the Pre, and I love my 5 row keyboard. I also knew the TP2 was coming out soon and decided to wait. Sadly they no longer offer the replacement phone at BestBuy and they would have to send it back to HTC.

CURRENT SITUATION: About a week ago I noticed a odd looking spot on my screen. The screen stopped reacting to touches. Yesterday I took the phone up to my local Sprint store to see if because it has the Newton Rings they'd replace the screen for free. When they started my phone they noticed I was running WM6.5 and told me that they couldnt do anything because that software voids any warenty. Last night I was able to flash to a stock ROM but I'm unable to activate it since I cant get past the screen that says "tap the screen to continue Windows Mobile installation"

The problem being my phone is still "Security Unlocked". Does anyone know of a way to lock your phone without being able to use the touchscreen? Or does anyone know if HTC will still replace the phone with it being unlocked?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

socodemon is a n00b
Re: Touching the Touch screen no longer works

Have you tried my mobiler? i think that is what it is called. it let's you control the phone with your pc. it worked once for me on a diamond. you need an active sync connection though.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

acmegeek is a n00b

check out the thread I just made, same issue fixed with duct tape!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92254
Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

PolishVendetta is a n00b

Thank you so much for both of your responses, I actually used them both and my phone is in relatively perfect working order now.

The spot on the screen was actually moisture or something under the plastic screen protector over the top of the digitizer (or maybe the digitizer? i dont know anything about touch screens) As soon as I put some clear packing tape on the screen and started pulling up the edge closest to the volume buttons popped right up and when I laid it back down the screen would allow me to touch again. As soon as that spot of moisture touches the screen again it wont allow me to touch anything again.

I also tried Mobiler and Pocket Controller Pro and was able to run the Hardware relocker. But was unable to get past the touch screen calibration.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro