PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(sprint touch pro) data isn't working (wifi works)

i sold my touch pro to my friend and after i did a hard reset (to mightyrom6) and he activated it, the data no longer works. wifi does work however and opera only loads with wifi on. i checked all the settings in Settings > Connections and they're all similar to my Touch Pro 2's.

i looked into the sticky and there's a link to "your data's not working" but the link is dead :/
Old 10-23-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (sprint touch pro) data isn't working (wifi works)

try going into Settings, Connections, Manage......then put in your username and password.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

jhronesz is a n00b

settings-connections-manage existing connections under the data connection. make sure the number it is dialing is #777.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
try going into Settings, Connections, Manage......then put in your username and password.
tried this but no work still :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhronesz View Post
settings-connections-manage existing connections under the data connection. make sure the number it is dialing is #777.
it's #777, still doesn't work :/

i did a hard reset and didn't change any settings, and the data still isn't working. i'm not sure what the problem is, when i had the phone on my account i never had to change any settings after a hard reset or a ROM change. i'm having him call up Sprint to make sure the data feature is enabled on his account.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shailigum is just getting started

This is probably the most annoying problem ive ever had to deal with. It only happened to me after flashes. It's not a problem with the phone, it's an issue with Sprint/Account Services. The same thing would always happen to me on my pre whenever i'd do a hard reset (same with any other phone I had activated on my account)

If you are able to get your MSL you can go into EPST on your phone and reset data services, that was the only was I was able to get data working again. If you can't do this on your own then just go into a sprint store and specifically tell an employee that you want your data profile refreshed/data services reset on your device. Or tell them to re-provision your device. If you don't tell them this then theyre going to go through millions of useless solutions..also don't call Sprint for help about this problem, every time I called them they were not able to get me a solution.

I would suggest learning how to do this on your own as well because if you are going to be flashing lots of roms this is going to happen every time.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i have a feeling it's something like that because he brought it in to the store and they wanted to do a 'profile update' but since i installed MightyROM6 (WinMo 6.5), they coudl'nt find the feature. I'm trying to revert it back to the stock ROM tonight.

This is weird because I flashed ROMs all the time and never ran into this problem before. Although i do recall calling Sprint for the MSL # but I think it was when i had the Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro