PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How many ALltel Customers have had their TPs replaced with verizon TPs??

I want to know how many had this happen to them and what their reaction was? I ask this because in my area there are no more ALLTEL stores. Now I have to log in to the verizon website to check my bill and that stuff too.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Re: How many ALltel Customers have had their TPs replaced with verizon TPs??

i haven't had to replace my TP but i recently had to replace my brothers touch because power button died and asurion sent him another alltel touch no vzw one.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

They've sent me all Alltel TPs. Just make sure when you are getting it replaced, to tell them to make sure it is an Alltel branded TP.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

I had mine replaced with an Alltel refurb....The refurb lasted a day & was replaced once again with an Alltel refurb which has been going strong for about a month. I made sure to ask each time to ensure I got an Alltel TP.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kjm11 is a n00b

This makes me very unhappy, they wouldn't replace my TP with a Alltel Pro...they said they had no orders of those available...this was about a month or so ago...since then I have switched to this device that Verizon refers to as the TP...less memory and all around terrible phone. If you HAVE to switch to Verizon go with the TP2...pay the premium and go with the overpriced world phone...
Old 10-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I just went through this nightmare, however it worked out well for me, as they gave me a new Imagio.

First they sent me the Verizon model, I said no way will I accept this phone as a warranty replacement. They said since there were no Alltel Touch Pros available, they would send the the Verizon Touch Pro 2, then they immediately said sorry, but we are out of that phone too. I told them I would wait, because I would not accept the Verizon TP. The next day, a different rep ordered me an Imagio, but then the order was cancelled because the whole time, there were Alltel Pros in stock. Whats messed up is, they never called me, emailed me, txted me or anything about the cancellation, nor did they order me the Alltel Pro. So after a week of waiting on my new Imagio to come, I called and found out about the cancellation. I was very upset at this point, after all, it was their incompetence that caused all of this in the first place. This time, they sent me the Alltel Pro, and it was the biggest POS I had ever seen. The screen was totally washed out, it had hundreds of tiny teeth marks in the housing, as if it was chewed up by a puppy, and the chrome around the screen had a huge crack in it. This time I called back, very calmly explained what was going on, and the rep immediately offered to put me on with a supervisor. After explaining the month long saga to her, she was very sorry for what I had been through, and offered to send me the Imagio. It shipped out that night, and I couldn't be happier.

But yes, they do have Alltel Touch Pros, and they do seem to be crappy. The Verizon refurb I got had a UTS sticker on it (perhaps UTStarcom??), and was beautiful, it looked brand new. The Alltel Pro had a round blue sticker, I believe it said NW on it, and was in awful condition.

Bottom line, no way would I accept anything less than the phone I just paid 500 bucks for less than 6 months ago, and is still under warranty. One one of my calls, the rep told me my only option was to accept the Verizon model, or if I wanted something else I could go into a store and pay for an upgrade, I was like you've got to be kidding me, what about my BROKEN PHONE THAT'S UNDER WARRANTY????

Anyways, Good Luck!

Alltel / Verizon
Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel - verizon

generic.imitation is a n00b

I just sat on the phone with Verizon for 20 min trying to get a replacement for my tp. I'm an Alltel customer and this will be my 4th replacement. the battery is horrible, I charge it, unplugged it at 80% 2 seconds later it's giving me the infamous "battery is very low" warning.

Also, I go on a plane, turn my phone off... get off the plane and all my contacts vanish off my phone except for 5 or 6 i added in the last week. wtf is that garbage?!

The rep said he could give me either another touch pro, or a HTC diamond... i scoffed at him! I said an "HTC Diamond?! why would I downgrade my phone?!" he said sorry its the only other phone on the "list" I said just gimme the touch pro again asshat (but i left out the asshat portion)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn
Threadstarter

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic.imitation View Post
I just sat on the phone with Verizon for 20 min trying to get a replacement for my tp. I'm an Alltel customer and this will be my 4th replacement. the battery is horrible, I charge it, unplugged it at 80% 2 seconds later it's giving me the infamous "battery is very low" warning.

Also, I go on a plane, turn my phone off... get off the plane and all my contacts vanish off my phone except for 5 or 6 i added in the last week. wtf is that garbage?!

The rep said he could give me either another touch pro, or a HTC diamond... i scoffed at him! I said an "HTC Diamond?! why would I downgrade my phone?!" he said sorry its the only other phone on the "list" I said just gimme the touch pro again asshat (but i left out the asshat portion)
thats harsh!! let us know what happens.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

I got my Alltel TP replaced with a Verizon TP2.

They kept telling me that they were going to give me Verizon's TP and I told them that Verizon's device didn't have the 288Mb of RAM that my Alltel version had and they told me they had no way of getting me an Alltel TP. I got the call escalated to a Tier 3 manager, and she took no time at all to get me into a BNIB Touch Pro 2

Same Alltel contract, just a brand new Touch Pro 2 via insurance, and a $89 deductible.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel - verizon

generic.imitation is a n00b

After receiving my replacement in the mail, which was supposed to have a new battery, I called Verizon. I told the guy on the other end that I was supposed to get a battery with my order. He said okay, let me see if we have some batteries. I said "let me be straight up with you, this phone sucks, it dies constantly, and I hate having it replaced with the same phone over and over... this is replacement number 4, last time I called they told me I could get the Diamond or a replacement touch pro" He said "okay, let me see what I can replace your phone with today." He comes back like 2 minutes later and says I can replace it with a Diamond or a touch pro. I was like, I already have a touch pro... he was like "oh I'm sorry, I meant a touch pro 2!!" I acted all calm, and asked questions about it.

I'm happy, and getting a brand new touch pro 2 this Wednesday!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro