PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting my TP replaced with a BB Tour

EDIT:
I was finally able to get a BB Tour sent out to me to replace the many crappy TPs. I received the confirmation email, which took a few hours. Hoping for no more bumps in the road since this process has taken so long, required many phone calls AND a trip to the store. One tech had me to take my phone and the refurb to the store to notate on my account that they were actually damaged before I could go any further on the issue. That was a whole ordeal in itself(don't think I'll be going back to that store again). Calling in, I was hung up on twice, told no twice, and put on hold for at least 10min on every phone call. I am in no way confrontational so that was not an issue. I was friendly and polite on every call/visit. The last call I made was the easiest. I explained my whole ordeal, the rep apologized profusely and immediately transferred me to a tech who was more helpful than any other reps I have talked to- not just in getting me a new phone, but answering any questions I had and making the process quick and painless. So far, I'm not too impressed with Verizon's CS compaired to Alltel. Definitely not talking to the same people and the whole process is different.

Last edited by cassith; 10-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: I'm sending back my refurb TP for a BB Tour

I couldn't do it man...I mean how crappy does a TP have to be to convert to a BB /jk

Best of luck, enjoy the BB

Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: I'm sending back my refurb TP for a BB Tour

lol I had a BB before the TP and I'm really missing having it, so hopefully I'll be happy. Still don't know if they're even allowing it since the rep I just talked to said it's waiting approval before they ship it out. Is this how they handle all replacements? I'm afraid I'm gonna get the call/email that they'll have to send me another TP!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: Verizon "waiting for approval" to get me a new device- waiting for who's approval

I think that's a fundamental difference....which device you had first. Always having had WM devices I just can't get used to a BB. But if you were a BB fan to start with I can certainly see that it might be easy to turn back to one.

Fingers crossed with your exchange / upgrade!

Last edited by CovKid66; 10-22-2009 at 08:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Verizon "waiting for approval" to get me a new device- waiting for who's approval

The tech gave me the option of choosing any phone from the website so I guess it would have been smarter to choose the Imagio and maybe sell it, but that's not what I'm looking to do. I thought it was cool that he just said he didn't know the value of the TP so I was free to choose whatever I wanted. I wonder if that's why it's waiting for approval...
Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Yeah, anytime you get an upgraded replacement device, it has to be approved by a supervisor.

Be careful though, if you dont get an email soon call back. Two weeks ago I was offered the same thing, and the supervisor denied it, and canceled my order. I never got a call, an email, a text, nothing saying my order was canceled. A week went by before I called to check on it, only to realize my entire process had gone nowhere.

Good Luck, oh and PS, you should have DEFINITELY gone with the Imagio. Its seriously the nicest phone I have ever owned. It really is amazing how everything actually works, even out of the box stock. It seems light years faster than my Touch Pro.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 10-23-2009, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just got a shipment email from Verizon and it's coming all the way from Canada. Which, from what I was reading a few days ago, is a brand spankin new BB Tour! We'll have to see what is actually in the box, so hopefully everything is going good. I'm wondering if a supervisor would have actually approved an upgrade to the Imagio, so I was pretty much going for the safer option.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I waited 36 hours and 7 phone calls until I finally got a supervisor to approve my worry-free replacement. They upped me to overnight for free, Imagio will be here today, as well as my daughter's Samsung Rogue.

I am moving to the Imagio from the Omnia which a seriously annoying piece of garbage.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
I just got a shipment email from Verizon and it's coming all the way from Canada. Which, from what I was reading a few days ago, is a brand spankin new BB Tour! We'll have to see what is actually in the box, so hopefully everything is going good. I'm wondering if a supervisor would have actually approved an upgrade to the Imagio, so I was pretty much going for the safer option.

Normally, if you have had three replacements in 90 days then you can have them change you to whatever phone you wish, within the same price range. That is the normal criteria, but there are other cases, like mine, where you can make it happen. Still, You should have definitely gone for the Imagio, its seriously one of the nicest phones I've ever seen. It has none of the slowness/bugs/glitches/design flaws the Touch Pro had. Even still, I would rather have my broken Touch Pro, than a BB Tour :P

Last edited by digi; 10-23-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Getting my TP replaced with a BB Tour

I will miss customizing and tethering and all the other freedoms of the TP but when I'm on the go, that phone is just not that travel-friendly. I take really good care of my things but I like to be able to just throw my phone in my seat and go. And if I drop my phone I don't expect it to get totally trashed from one time, like my TP did. I'm looking forward to having a case on my phone also. Really don't like any of the cases made for the TP. I'm willing to trade a fun toy for a fun-ctional phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro