PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: US Cellular

jonnemmers16 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plz Help, TP wont load past boot screen=(

Hello,
First of all, I'm not a n00b, I've been flashing roms ever since my htc mogul 2 years ago....but something happened the other day while fla shing a rom to my device, and my tp will turn on.... boot to the TOUCH Pro boot screen (the 1st one when u turn on ur phone)....then it sits there for 20 seconds....then reboots....and does the same thing over and over and over =(....I tried putting a new rom on my minisd card and reflashing it w/ the new rom, but it still does the same thing....BTW when it is on the boot screen, it doesn't show Rom/radio info (in red) at the bottom...(idk if that's important to add)...Idk what to do, should I relock it?... or what?
Any comments are appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:19 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Plz Help, TP wont load past boot screen=(

put it in bootloader mode (some combo of button presses and reset, google it) and flash the stock rom onto it from a PC.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

jonnemmers16 is a n00b

yeahh... i tried loading Psyski's rom, Energy, and MightyRom....still reboots n reboots.... then I tried re-unlocking the device (via loading the unlocker file to the SDcard n flashing the unlocker).....still nothing.....
...what about reflashing a new radio?...could that be the problem possibly?.....or did i, so they call it "brick", my device? :'(
Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Did you try re-flashing the stock ROM? Yeah, I know it shouldn't make a difference but at this point it may be worth a try...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio , TP2 , TP, Omnia, XV68, 67, and 6600
Carrier: Verizon

timshady337 is a n00b

i think your bootloader/radio is fried. happened to me with my diamond. i think maybe cmonex or someone with mad skillz can save you. whatever you do DON'T RE LOCK your phone. its 99.5% Bricked. re locking it will be 100%.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: sprint

Ayxn is a n00b

I seem to be having the same issue with my TP, I as well am not a noob and have done hundreds of flashes on my titan. I got my touch pro from a friend who had the mightyrom 6 on it and I wanted to load a custom rom. I’ve been playing with the kitchen and after making a few roms with no problems I decided to do a soft reset just to clean up the phone and my TP is doing the same thing. just sits in the first screen and doesn’t load. I found that when doing a hard reset the phone would load again but I have to load everything again. its getting real annoying. I was hoping to find some answers on here but seems this is the only post I’ve seen with the same issue.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Try flashing a new radio and then a new rom...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
boot screen, wont boot