PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
crap.. i fell into the blackberry hole

this really sucks. i spent so much time trying to get the touch pro to work right, and sprint sent me a free tour, and all of a sudden, i'm all like ahhh!! i have to delete all my cabs/roms/whatever the hell else i was collecting.

anyways, yeah. the tour is actually pretty cool. i dunno if i'm gonna keep it or go with the hero, but either way, WINDOWS MOBILE CYA!!! my friend asked me how i liked the the blackberry, and the only thing i could really come up with is that... as a windows mobile user, for years.. i always made excuses for it. like, when the my sms' would take 10 or 15 seconds to come up, i would say to myself "well, my phone can run garmin xt..." or "its so nice to be able to run custom roms", but in reality, after a few hundred or so texts in the inbox, it would take forever to close a thread and open another one. so yeah, the tour actually works. it hasn't slowed down, frozen, crashed, needed to reset (actually, i don't even know *how* to reset it), or any problems at all. i dunno what to say really... i will miss ppcwarez though. they've got this thing locked down tighter than gitmo. but whatever..

on the plus side though, first thing i did when i got it was threw on a leaked rom of the new os haha
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: E V O !
Carrier: Sprint

albertlarios is just getting started
Re: crap.. i fell into the blackberry hole

DONT FOLLOW THE RABIT..... ITS A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!

GOOD LUCK>>>> (meant in the best of ways of course).... no more to say.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaqual is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Yeah, I mighta kept the Pearl a while back if it weren't for the BIS add-on. Just can't justify paying that much per month.

Same thing I'm going through with the Hero(should I get it? but what about all my proggies? no more Sliding Panels? learn a whole new OS?)

Old 10-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
this really sucks. i spent so much time trying to get the touch pro to work right, and sprint sent me a free tour, and all of a sudden, i'm all like ahhh!! i have to delete all my cabs/roms/whatever the hell else i was collecting.

anyways, yeah. the tour is actually pretty cool. i dunno if i'm gonna keep it or go with the hero, but either way, WINDOWS MOBILE CYA!!! my friend asked me how i liked the the blackberry, and the only thing i could really come up with is that... as a windows mobile user, for years.. i always made excuses for it. like, when the my sms' would take 10 or 15 seconds to come up, i would say to myself "well, my phone can run garmin xt..." or "its so nice to be able to run custom roms", but in reality, after a few hundred or so texts in the inbox, it would take forever to close a thread and open another one. so yeah, the tour actually works. it hasn't slowed down, frozen, crashed, needed to reset (actually, i don't even know *how* to reset it), or any problems at all. i dunno what to say really... i will miss ppcwarez though. they've got this thing locked down tighter than gitmo. but whatever..

on the plus side though, first thing i did when i got it was threw on a leaked rom of the new os haha

I'm running into the same problem as you ..... I'm about to get my 6th TP and have been debating if I should get a BB Tour as the replacement w/out using my upgrade. Well I guess I could just take the plundge and get the Tour then use my upgrade for the TP2 or Hero.....

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

My wife got the Tour recently and I tweaked it out for her. It's not even remotely as flexible as Windows Mobile, but it's fun nonetheless. And that keyboard is sweet! The display, not overly huge but crisp.

I was bored of it after about two hours...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

bored is a good description. even if it was perfection, who wouldnt miss all the tweaks and perfection
Old 10-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i meant tweaks and flashing. see? im getting brain dead just thiniking about having a blackberry
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

haha.. its so weird having a phone that works though. i was at school today, listening to iheartradio, switching between the browser, the facebook app, and sms, and aim and it didn't even flinch.. seriously, trying to do all that on the touch pro, while it can do that, would take forever to switch around that much. i thought the tp was fun for a while, flashing roms and whatnot, but my ideal result was a system that worked correctly everytime, and i never achieved that. i was always compromising one thing for another.

i dunno, i totally recommend the tour if you want a phone that does what it should. while i'm still contemplating the hero, i kinda want to check out the moment, but then i think to myself hmm, maybe i should just keep the tour until all the kinks are worked out of android, which could be a while. the android is surprisingly laggy from what i've seen playing with them at the sprint store, and thats before its even loaded with any software.

so i dunno.. i've never really used a bb before, besides borrowing a friend's to make a call, but i'm honestly shocked that i like it. i really thought i would hate the thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro