PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

0Gravity is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recomended Roms

Hi All,
I have a Sprint TP that I have been using pretty much BONE STOCK, with the exception of Using it with Both SPB Mobile Shell and Touch Flo with MS as my main Screen and using TF just for the things that I could not find a suitable replacement program, Like the Music Player!
Anyway, I have been pretty happy with this setup and I had a TON of programs installed, so the thought of having to reload them all after changing to a diferent ROM just did not seem worth it to me....Until Now!
I tried to upgrade to the latest version of Opera and for some reason the upgrade corrupted something and now I have No working Opera browser, when I hit the Opera Icon the "Loading" Icon spins for a second and then nothing, I have tried reinstalling with no luck....So, it looks as though I might have to do a Hard Reset to get it working again! So I might play with some diferent Roms to see if I like any of them better!
So my questions are, keeping in mind that I was pretty happy with the "Stock" Sprint Rom, What are some recomended Roms to try? Should I stay with 6.1 or Go with 6.5? Does 6.5 have a Music app like Touch Flo?
Any recomendations would be greatly apreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Recomended Roms

Hey there.. I personally think your best bet would be to go to the CDMA Htc Touch Pro Upgrades forum and do lots of reading. There are alot of great roms over there, both wm 6.1 & 6.5. Some are close to stock, some are bare bones, and some are very loaded with apps. Sorry for the "non" answer, answer. But with so many roms to choose from, only you will be able to decide whats best. I love the bare bones roms, and find DCD's rom to be perfect for my needs. Happy flashing.
dschonike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hi dschonike,
Thanks for the, as you put it "The non answer answer" but any answer is a good answer, and I apreciate it! I was already doing just what you said...but I am trying to get some suggestions so I can maybe weed out some of the "Buggy Roms" without having to install 100 bad roms first! I will have a look at that DCD rom as I also liked the barebones roms when I was flashing my 6700!
Thanks again....anyone else with suggestions?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i dont think the answer the VIP!!!! gave you was a non answer at all. this site was set up with forums and search tools to read about whatever you need. not to spoon feed every person who wants an already answered question answered
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

i like the silence 9 rom and the current psyki roms a lot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
i dont think the answer the VIP!!!! gave you was a non answer at all. this site was set up with forums and search tools to read about whatever you need. not to spoon feed every person who wants an already answered question answered
gorelow...In forums there are always ignorant people like you, whom either cant read what people have posted, or interject yourself into a conversation without first trying to understand the jist of the conversation! Where in my reply to dschoenike's reply to me did I Flame him or disrespect him in any way, that I deserved the disrespectful flaming that your reply intended! Let me repost my reply so that your simple mind can try to comprehend it!

"Hi dschonike,
Thanks for the, as you put it "The non answer answer" but any answer is a good answer, and I apreciate it! I was already doing just what you said...but I am trying to get some suggestions so I can maybe weed out some of the "Buggy Roms" without having to install 100 bad roms first! I will have a look at that DCD rom as I also liked the barebones roms when I was flashing my 6700!
Thanks again....anyone else with suggestions?"

Let me explain it to you ....First off, I thanked him, and then I used a phrase that he used to discribe his own answer to me in his reply to me! I then went on to comment that ANY ANSWER IS A GOOD ANSWER, AND THAT I APRECIATED IT! I then went on to try to explain that I was trying to weed out or get opinions from other users on what roms they like!

After all, isnt that what forums are for, to exchange information and opinions? Your Right, Almost any question that anyone can ask in this forum has probably been answered 1000 times, and when you do a search and get 950 out of 1000 posts that are outdated or not relavent to your search...well then you go ahead and ask the question again!

gorelow, I'm sorry if you feel my redundent question offended you to the point you felt you just had to take the time to chime in and flame me, but let me give you a suggestion.... if post's like this bother you sooooo much then there are two things you can do, ( Besides Chiming in with your NON-Helpfull Two Cents!)
1) You can simply not bother to answer at all!
or
2)Get another hobby and Stop hanging out reading posts that upset you so much!

Oh and just so you know....I have been a member in these forums for a while now.....and my post count is so low because I do USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, and I usually do find what I am looking for!

For everyone else, Thank you again for your helpfull suggestions!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Wow, should this be a sticky?.......
Old 10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

MeatPopsicle is becoming a great contributor

My 2 cents on a good rom is NSFAN'S rom, Im using an older rom then this one but I get real good battery life and little to no problems. Good luck on your search!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88516
Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

I'm running nfsfan's r13 rom and I've found it to be very stable with the exception of a graphics glitch in photos when changing from portrait to landscape. Good performance, stability and battery life. I haven't bothered trying his latest since my current config is working so well.

I'm partial to WM6.5 ROMS (6.1 is not finger friendly enough for me and 6.5.1 isn't stable enough yet based on a couple ROMs I've tried). I also really like TF3D2.1 (or at least TF3D2... if you are TF3D user).
Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
gorelow...In forums there are always ignorant people like you, whom either cant read what people have posted, or interject yourself into a conversation without first trying to understand the jist of the conversation! Where in my reply to dschoenike's reply to me did I Flame him or disrespect him in any way, that I deserved the disrespectful flaming that your reply intended! Let me repost my reply so that your simple mind can try to comprehend it!

"Hi dschonike,
Thanks again....anyone else with suggestions?"

Let me explain it to you ....First off, I thanked him, and then I used a phrase that he used to discribe his own answer to me in his reply to me! I then went on to comment that ANY ANSWER IS A GOOD ANSWER, AND THAT I APRECIATED IT! I then went on to try to explain that I was trying to weed out or get opinions from other users on what roms they like!

After all, isnt that what forums are for, to exchange information and opinions? Your Right, Almost any question that anyone can ask in this forum has probably been answered 1000 times, and when you do a search and get 950 out of 1000 posts that are outdated or not relavent to your search...well then you go ahead and ask the question again!

gorelow, I'm sorry if you feel my redundent question offended you to the point you felt you just had to take the time to chime in and flame me, but let me give you a suggestion.... if post's like this bother you sooooo much then there are two things you can do, ( Besides Chiming in with your NON-Helpfull Two Cents!)
1) You can simply not bother to answer at all!
or
2)Get another hobby and Stop hanging out reading posts that upset you so much!

Oh and just so you know....I have been a member in these forums for a while now.....and my post count is so low because I do USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, and I usually do find what I am looking for!

For everyone else, Thank you again for your helpfull suggestions!
dont let some people get under your skin totaly not worth it what you did was right and respectful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro