PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MetroPcs Touch Pro/6850 no wap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91428)

willspeedjr 10-19-2009 11:45 PM

MetroPcs Touch Pro/6850 no wap

Wuts up ppl.
Let me tell yall about my touch pro (its thinking). I've hard reseted the phone, did all the wap configs, did the prl for metro including 0023 and 02001, changing the password in epst from metropcs to mymetropcs to the last four digits of my phone number. Tried the htc_guardian thing, cuz it kept reseting my username and password but synchronizing it to my pc will not allow me to copy the htc guardian think to the "windows" folder telling me asses is denied. Will flashing a rom help or will it erase what metro has done, because its flashed to metropcs i can talk and text just fine but no wap and mms. I know if I can get the internet to work then I shouldn't have any problem with mms. I've googling like crazy for weeks and have tried everything i've come across with no success. Please help. oh it came from sprint network. I am willing to donate for info dat gets the wap rolling.

pimpsuprazx 10-20-2009 12:28 AM

Re: MetroPcs Touch Pro/6850 no wap

Quote:

Originally Posted by willspeedjr (Post 1247608)
Wuts up ppl.
Let me tell yall about my touch pro (its thinking). I've hard reseted the phone, did all the wap configs, did the prl for metro including 0023 and 02001, changing the password in epst from metropcs to mymetropcs to the last four digits of my phone number. Tried the htc_guardian thing, cuz it kept reseting my username and password but synchronizing it to my pc will not allow me to copy the htc guardian think to the "windows" folder telling me asses is denied. Will flashing a rom help or will it erase what metro has done, because its flashed to metropcs i can talk and text just fine but no wap and mms. I know if I can get the internet to work then I shouldn't have any problem with mms. I've googling like crazy for weeks and have tried everything i've come across with no success. Please help. oh it came from sprint network. I am willing to donate for info dat gets the wap rolling.

put a custom rom on the phone, then follow my tutorial for wap.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1559514

willspeedjr 10-20-2009 05:05 PM

Let me see what happens.

willspeedjr 10-20-2009 08:34 PM

I unlocked the phone and proceeded to flash rom and now my phone keeps resetting itself. it shows the TOUCH Pro screen no little red letters at the bottom and it restarts itself. Googled and took out the battery, place battery in, did the tri-color screen, reinstall same rom. phone still resets itself. HELP!!!!!!!!

willspeedjr 10-20-2009 10:07 PM

Alrite. did the juggalo rom the wm 6.5 titanium from Tael and it gave me the same problem, so i flash the officail sprint rom and everything is back with no net....... minus the mms...... am i flashing the wrong roms?

pimpsuprazx 10-20-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willspeedjr (Post 1250078)
Alrite. did the juggalo rom the wm 6.5 titanium from Tael and it gave me the same problem, so i flash the officail sprint rom and everything is back with no net....... minus the mms...... am i flashing the wrong roms?

I don't want to tell you that there is something wrong with each rom you use, it will make me sound bias, 6.1 roms are usually the most stable, and thats from my experience, and I do have quite a bit experience with the touch pro on metro.

willspeedjr 10-21-2009 01:49 AM

Sigh:-|, what roms work for u u. im into fuctionality more the style and flavor.

pimpsuprazx 10-21-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willspeedjr (Post 1250630)
Sigh:-|, what roms work for u u. im into fuctionality more the style and flavor.

on my touch pro's I only use the affliction rom, I have been told pyski rom works well, but I can confirm for sure that the affliction rom is the best I've used.

http://afflictionrom.blogspot.com/20...c-diamond.html

you can find it here.

willspeedjr 10-21-2009 11:22 PM

Ummm... for some odd reason my net began to operate.... normally i mite add. I would lik to kno wut i did but everything is still normal stock sprint rom, i'll get the username and password error every once in a while, i hit dismiss and refresh the page or tell weather to retry and it works everytime.

I am happy and confused. Try putting those faces together.
I'll try MMS Now.

pimpsuprazx 10-22-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willspeedjr (Post 1253146)
Ummm... for some odd reason my net began to operate.... normally i mite add. I would lik to kno wut i did but everything is still normal stock sprint rom, i'll get the username and password error every once in a while, i hit dismiss and refresh the page or tell weather to retry and it works everytime.

I am happy and confused. Try putting those faces together.
I'll try MMS Now.

take your time when doing mms, even 1 typo can cause it not to work, its happened to me before.