PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: RCOM

csmart is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Sprint TP not starting

i have sprint touch pro CDMA with new energy rom. i tried to sync it with my laptop. phone and laptop both hanged. i resetted both. laptop started properly.

but TP have problem. its struck on start screen with TOUCH PRO and radio and other information. its not moving ahead. the other problem is that i cannot enter booloader as my volume down button is also not working. i am really in a fix over here.

i need to start my phone. last night also, it stuck at start screen but when i press reset button, it started. but today its not going beyond start screen.

i tried all the possibilities like connecting to different PC, same PC, different USB, removing SD card and then resetting, but no luck..

please help.....
thanx a million in advance.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Sprint TP not starting

Your volume button doesn't work _at all_? If that's the case, you may be SOL.

So did you finish the flash, or was it in the middle of a flash? If you can't use the volume buttons, you won't be able to get into bootloader mode OR be able to hard reset the device... so you're in quite a predicament if that's truly the case.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I only ask cuz you didn't list it... But did you try removing the battery and then powering on?
p.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

csmart is a n00b

phone was working fine. only i tried to sync with my laptop it hanged. so i reseted it but never started.

my volume down button not working. so i cant get into bootloader also. if there is way to do it from USB then i can try..
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmart View Post
phone was working fine. only i tried to sync with my laptop it hanged. so i reseted it but never started.

my volume down button not working. so i cant get into bootloader also. if there is way to do it from USB then i can try..
Can you try this

1] For booting the cell successfully, may sound funny but it had helped me when my cell was not booting at all. (found on some other forum)

a. switch off the cell
b. remove battery for a while.
c. put it back.
d. using stylus press the reset button.
e. wait for 60 seconds
f. switch on the cell

2] for entering in to boot screen, without pressing any keys (power+vol_down+reset)

Can you try connecting your device to PC using any min USB cable (Not htc extUsb cable, i do not have extusb cable so not sure about that, but this works for me atleast ).

a. follow the steps from (A) to (E) as mentioned above
b. then connect a MINI USB cable to cell and connect to PC
c. Do not press any button and check if device automatically switches on and enter into boot screen.
d. If you are lucky and if it enters into bootloader, then try flashing NEW ROM using USB or SD card method

Al the best
Old 10-22-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Huawei Ascend
Carrier: Cricket

xlarkascendingx is a n00b

does it hang at the start screen? because if it does, it should be able to go into bootloader from a RUU.exe on your pc
Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

csmart is a n00b

@happy20b it didnt work for me..

@xlarkascendingx i get "TOUCH PRO" and radio and other details in red on the screen. nothing happns after tht. if i get a call, buttons flashes but cant answer or do anything.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmart View Post
@happy20b it didnt work for me..

@xlarkascendingx i get "TOUCH PRO" and radio and other details in red on the screen. nothing happns after tht. if i get a call, buttons flashes but cant answer or do anything.
Are you even not able enter into bootloader using the usb cable method?
can you please tell me, what happens when you follow the steps as i mentioned in previous post? that is, when you switch off cell, connect a mini usb cable to device and then PC ? wont it switch on automatically ?

regards
happy
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

csmart is a n00b

when i switch off and connect o USB, after few seconds, "enter" button or round center button is flashing. it is like when battery is being charged. no display nothing.

i tried all the methods you mentioned. even different USB and on different PC, it just charges battery

if i press pwoer on button, it shows "TOUCH PRO" and other details in red and does not go further.

Last edited by csmart; 10-25-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Huawei Ascend
Carrier: Cricket

xlarkascendingx is a n00b

Ok, when you get to that screen and it's plugged into your PC, try to run the Rom Update Utility included in the custom rom on your PC. It should throw you into bootloader mode and update your TP. If not, then I would keep searching :-/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro