PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ruiner4482 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked phone

I did the hardspl bootloader, and put another radio on my phone. I had the official ROM upgrade from the htc website.

I was trying to uninstall a program from the phone and it just hung I let it sit there for quite a bit, and it didn't change. So I pulled the battery and now it won't turn on at all. I pulled the battery and plugged it into the computer, no dice. I put the battery in and tried turning it on. I hard resetted, soft resetted, and everything else. It won't do anything but stay off. So I guess I have a totally bricked phone.

My only question is because I have a different radio and bootloader on there would they be able to get it powered on in anyway, for warranty reasons??? Cause this bad boy doesn't start at all in any way right now. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ruiner4482; 10-19-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Made my question clearer.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:44 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Bricked phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiner4482 View Post
I did the hardspl bootloader, and put another radio on my phone. I had the official ROM upgrade from the htc website.

I was trying to uninstall a program from the phone and it just hung I let it sit there for quite a bit, and it didn't change. So I pulled the battery and now it won't turn on at all. I pulled the battery and plugged it into the computer, no dice. I put the battery in and tried turning it on. I hard resetted, soft resetted, and everything else. It won't do anything but stay off. So I guess I have a totally bricked phone.

My only question is because I have a different radio and bootloader on there would they be able to get it powered on in anyway, for warranty reasons??? Cause this bad boy doesn't start at all in any way right now. Thanks in advance.

Have you plugged it in to the wall?

dwizzy130

Old 10-19-2009, 02:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

some details would help too. which hardspl? which radio? does the charge light come on when you plug it in?

Last edited by razorloves; 10-19-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ruiner4482 is a n00b

Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip

Verizon
1.03.09V
although it might be 1.03.03V R but I'm pretty sure it's the one above.

HTC ROM

I'm out of town right now and I forgot my wall charger, but I did plug it into my car charger, and my lappy. No light comes on at all when plugged in. It's like the thing is fried and is totally non responsive. The wall charger might do the trick but I'll have to do that tonight when I get home.

Just to clarify everything had been fine for weeks with the hardspl and the radio. It wasn't until I tried uninstalling g-alarm through the phone, and it just hung. I'm so used to my Treo that I just yank the battery to soft reset and it hasn't been responsive since. Thanks guys.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker

mswiz is a n00b

Since I just had a run in with this myself(I hope I understood your question correctly)...If you phone is stuck and wont boot, put it in boot loader mode by soft reset, and hold Power + volume Down. Once you get your 4 colored screen you are good to go and you can add run the update utility again. I guess its worth a shot.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

isn't there a hspl specifically for vwz phones .35 i think
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker

mswiz is a n00b

here is the link for verizon SPL unlocker http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Under his name it says his carrier is Sprint. He doesn't need a Verizon unlocker.

dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro