PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   die hard tp1 fan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91209)

t&champ 10-18-2009 06:08 PM

die hard tp1 fan

I have the touch pro 1 at this point. I had the mogul then moved to the tp1 and looking to get the tp2, but there is something that is telling me to try something else. I really do need the full qwerty keyboard and love all the upgrades and tweeks windows mobile offers but there are people saying get with the times try the hero or something. not sure if i could do that. any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

boredmug 10-18-2009 06:11 PM

Re: die hard tp1 fan

to me the Hero is a downgrade.. Half vga screen, no hardware keyboard. While the 3.2 inch screen is bigger, i have tried the phone and typing on the screen just doesn't work with my hands.. I'm holding out for something else besides the TP2 and hero. It's getting close to christmas time and i have a feeling that something good is gunna drop.

ou2mame 10-18-2009 06:27 PM

i love the hero.. i thought i wanted a physical keyboard, but honestly, i never used it on the tp. that's probably the only reason why it still works. the phonepad with t9 is all i need for typing. i can type fairly fast, and very accurately with it. probably faster and more accurate than with the physical keyboard. while i love windows mobile for its customizing, i found that most of my customizing was because of its basic downfalls, which makes no sense. software? android has it.. has pretty much everything i was looking for, and the software is newer, faster, and more frequently updated. i dunno, i'm gonna take a chance and try the hero.. if i don't like it, i can always get the tp2, but i doubt that i'm going to want to. the screen is amazing on the hero. while the resolution is less, its larger, text is clear, and its bright as hell. plus, its multi touch.

the tp was an utter failure. even sprint realized this by offering free phones to anybody who has this one.

the samsung moment looks like it might be a good contender, but who knows... i'm not a huge samsung fan, never was, and i doubt i'm going to be with their new phone, but it does have a qwerty keyboard, and a large screen. plus, the screen uses less power than an lcd.

but for me, the hero can do what i need it to do. the tp could have done it, if it didn't keep breaking. now my phone is in an endless hard reset loop every few days, and because sprint ran out of tp2's, they're sending me a blackberry tour that i have to sell so that i can buy the hero.

fr0st 10-18-2009 09:44 PM

How do you love the hero when you don't even have one yet? Hero's screen is smaller in size and resolution. I played with a Hero at my local sprint store and it's nice but I need the hardware keyboard.

FaithOmitted 10-19-2009 11:17 AM

I love the idea that you can have different "scenes" on the Hero and give priority to different apps for different scenes, but the on-screen keyboard just isn't cutting it for me. The keyboard on my Zune HD seems smaller than that on the Hero, but it's still more accurate for some reason. I would stick with a hardware keyboard.

lazydazed 10-19-2009 11:25 AM

i think im going with the moment until the snapdragon phones start hitting sprint.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/07/s...irst-hands-on/

KilgoreBA 10-19-2009 09:59 PM

I love the Touch Pro 2! In all seriousness though, why not stick with the Touch Pro until the Hard SPL comes out and see if any of the ROMs our great cooks cook up are to your liking enough to switch.

Even though the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2 pretty much have the same specs on paper, the Touch Pro 2, even on the stock ROM is way snappier. I have never been so impressed with a stock ROM on any Windows Mobile phone as I have this one!

Don't forget, with Windows Mobile, you can have the best of everything. ON XDA-Developers.com, you can download free programs to basically turn your Windows Mobile phone into and iPhone or even a Hero as there is already beta software to make your phone act as if it has the Android OS on it!