PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Really sick of fancy rom, just care about battery life now (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91001)

featips 10-17-2009 01:54 AM

Really sick of fancy rom, just care about battery life now

I ever have lots of interest in testing and use ROMs in last several months, now I got bored about it. For a guy, like myself, who spends lots of time with computer, fancy ROM functions does not mean too much, for myself.

Now, what I care most is the battery life. I tried several ROM, very bad battery life, also easily get heated. Playing with fancy ROMs, I lost basic function of a 'phone'.

Now, I want to stick with the basic function of a phone. Anyone can tell me how to get nice battery life, together with stable, fast, and simple phone performance?

Thanks in advance.

fenixjn 10-17-2009 02:24 AM

Re: Really sick of fancy rom, just care about battery life now

I think then you should get back to stock. I know there is another ROM around that has a good battery performance but it is really light but in the meantime, stock is the way to go for you.

twisteddan 10-17-2009 02:42 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by featips
I ever have lots of interest in testing and use ROMs in last several months, now I got bored about it. For a guy, like myself, who spends lots of time with computer, fancy ROM functions does not mean too much, for myself.

Now, what I care most is the battery life. I tried several ROM, very bad battery life, also easily get heated. Playing with fancy ROMs, I lost basic function of a 'phone'.

Now, I want to stick with the basic function of a phone. Anyone can tell me how to get nice battery life, together with stable, fast, and simple phone performance?

Thanks in advance.

the one that I use that gives you the best of both worlds is Psyki's ROM very very little problems and my battery with normal usage will last a day and a half

SimianJones 10-17-2009 01:15 PM

I'm a big fan of EnergyROM myself, although I recently tried Psyki too. I think the newer features from the more recent roms are pretty great, I found the rom speed and battery life to be troublesome.

I've recently switched to MightyRom 6 Final and I've been very satisfied. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the 6.5.1 roms, but battery life is good, and enough of the features that I use to keep me happy.

the-wrangler 10-17-2009 01:59 PM

try NFSFANs rom..stable, good battery, still somewhat stockish but with good performance as well

mgioia2 10-17-2009 02:11 PM

If you want a bone stock, up-to-date, very tweaked, good battery life ROM....give JD's a shot.

indagroove 10-17-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by featips (Post 1242162)

Thanks in advance.

Build your own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixjn (Post 1242190)
I think then you should get back to stock. I know there is another ROM around that has a good battery performance but it is really light but in the meantime, stock is the way to go for you.

You're insane. Stock roms are the worst for battery.

psyki 10-17-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 1242632)
Build your own.

You're insane. Stock roms are the worst for battery.

Changing the subject, but my buddy has been running the new sprint stock rom for a few days so he can take it in for service and the battery (and speed) is light years ahead of the original ROM. I thought it was a pretty decent rom actually.

rstoyguy 10-17-2009 03:52 PM

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

smiznith 10-17-2009 05:02 PM

grooves has pretty good life, but the fancier the rom, the more battery life it sucks out. try grooves or someone who still has 6.1 or the last 6.5 builds. manila will suck you dry also...