PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

featips is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really sick of fancy rom, just care about battery life now

I ever have lots of interest in testing and use ROMs in last several months, now I got bored about it. For a guy, like myself, who spends lots of time with computer, fancy ROM functions does not mean too much, for myself.

Now, what I care most is the battery life. I tried several ROM, very bad battery life, also easily get heated. Playing with fancy ROMs, I lost basic function of a 'phone'.

Now, I want to stick with the basic function of a phone. Anyone can tell me how to get nice battery life, together with stable, fast, and simple phone performance?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Really sick of fancy rom, just care about battery life now

I think then you should get back to stock. I know there is another ROM around that has a good battery performance but it is really light but in the meantime, stock is the way to go for you.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips
I ever have lots of interest in testing and use ROMs in last several months, now I got bored about it. For a guy, like myself, who spends lots of time with computer, fancy ROM functions does not mean too much, for myself.

Now, what I care most is the battery life. I tried several ROM, very bad battery life, also easily get heated. Playing with fancy ROMs, I lost basic function of a 'phone'.

Now, I want to stick with the basic function of a phone. Anyone can tell me how to get nice battery life, together with stable, fast, and simple phone performance?

Thanks in advance.
the one that I use that gives you the best of both worlds is Psyki's ROM very very little problems and my battery with normal usage will last a day and a half

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 10-17-2009, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SimianJones is just getting started

I'm a big fan of EnergyROM myself, although I recently tried Psyki too. I think the newer features from the more recent roms are pretty great, I found the rom speed and battery life to be troublesome.

I've recently switched to MightyRom 6 Final and I've been very satisfied. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the 6.5.1 roms, but battery life is good, and enough of the features that I use to keep me happy.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

try NFSFANs rom..stable, good battery, still somewhat stockish but with good performance as well
Old 10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

If you want a bone stock, up-to-date, very tweaked, good battery life ROM....give JD's a shot.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by featips View Post

Thanks in advance.
Build your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I think then you should get back to stock. I know there is another ROM around that has a good battery performance but it is really light but in the meantime, stock is the way to go for you.
You're insane. Stock roms are the worst for battery.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Build your own.

You're insane. Stock roms are the worst for battery.
Changing the subject, but my buddy has been running the new sprint stock rom for a few days so he can take it in for service and the battery (and speed) is light years ahead of the original ROM. I thought it was a pretty decent rom actually.

Like my work? Hit
Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:02 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

grooves has pretty good life, but the fancier the rom, the more battery life it sucks out. try grooves or someone who still has 6.1 or the last 6.5 builds. manila will suck you dry also...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro