PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 and Hotmail issue

I've searched around here without much success. Maybe someone can help me.

I downloaded and installed indagroove's Sprint TP ROM - CE OS 5.2.21869(Build 21869.5.0.82)[Manila 2.1] on my TP...works like a charm. The interface is beautiful and so far everything works. Except for hotmail, that is.

In the original 6.1 TF interface I was able to set up my hotmail (really .msn mail) account and any other pop account in the messaging tab/section pretty easily. Then, in the Messaging tab/section I would see my choices for E-mail, text messaging, MMS, etc. I always set Windows Live Mail to push whenever it arrives at the server. So, I always get notification of new mail that shows on the envelope icon in the slider of the TF interface that indicates how many new mails there are I click on that and it goes into the account picker (or directly to the email client, whichever way the user wants to set it up at).

With the new standard WM 6.5 interface, under the time, there is TEXT and after that is E-MAIL, followed by calendar, etc. I set up my email through the Windows Live at the bottom of the main menu list. So I do get notification of new emails but when I click on the E-MAIL tab (or bar, etc.) nothing happens. It'll just say "Hotmail" and number of messages or "no new messages". Nothing else. Even if I click "view" at the bottom right corner, nothing happens.

In Messaging>Select An Account, all I see are SMS/MMS, Outlook E-Mail and Setup E-mail.

So I click on E-mail setup, enter the email address/ and password, hit NEXT and then get a screen headed with "Help With Windows Live" and "Select the link below to access your Windows Live Hotmail account". Below that there is a box with a url leading to windows mobile.com email setup/live.

But nothing there seems to help.

OUTLOOK e-mail works fine, as that's synced with the Outlook on my PC.

Being able to quickly and easily monitor and access my msn/hotmail account is very important for me.

Anyone else run into this?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: WM 6.5 and Hotmail issue

I don't know if indagroove has it or not but I used to setup my hotmail using "windows live" which in most ROM can be found under Internet in the start menu. When you click sign in it will run through the setup.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

mtnmedic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I don't know if indagroove has it or not but I used to setup my hotmail using "windows live" which in most ROM can be found under Internet in the start menu. When you click sign in it will run through the setup.
I'm very famiiar with that. That's how I've set it up before. I did set it up here but it didn't have any affect upon the new 6.5 Today interface. Now, when I run Windows Live it presents me with my Windows Live "home" page where I can then access e-mail, messaging, calendar, etc. When I click on e-mail, it does show me my e-mail but very briefly-less than a second-then it switches to Today e-mail account picker (which offers me a choice of SMS/MMS, Outlook mail or to set up a new e-mail account).
Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

this is a bug in the oem proses of the new WLM cab. the rgu is malformed and does not call the dll that sets up the outlook for hotmail properly.

i had this issue at first when i cooked my tp rom.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
I'm very famiiar with that. That's how I've set it up before. I did set it up here but it didn't have any affect upon the new 6.5 Today interface. Now, when I run Windows Live it presents me with my Windows Live "home" page where I can then access e-mail, messaging, calendar, etc. When I click on e-mail, it does show me my e-mail but very briefly-less than a second-then it switches to Today e-mail account picker (which offers me a choice of SMS/MMS, Outlook mail or to set up a new e-mail account).

Sounds more like a widget then the actual "windows live" program. I have attached the program I don't know if its the latest.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WindowsLive_NoIM_0410.cab (1.98 MB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by zone23; 10-16-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

try this.. I made a cab of windows live for users of my rom, since I removed it from the SYS.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1251233335

Just add an account and it should work. it works on my rom at least.

Last edited by raidzero; 10-16-2009 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro