PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   EnergyROM SMS lock up/hang up problem.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90807)

xSD 10-15-2009 11:59 PM

EnergyROM SMS lock up/hang up problem..

does anybody else get a SMS hang up with this rom?

After sending a text message and hitting OK at the top right, it goes back to the text message list but is locked up. Sometimes it comes back to functionality but other times it will not. Very annoying having to soft reset about 30 times a day. :scratch:

This is with the September release.

Edit - Meant to put this in the main TP forum.

gagliardo17 10-16-2009 10:53 AM

Re: EnergyROM SMS lock up/hang up problem..

Yeah Same here it will go back to the sms/mms screen and say 1 conversation selected but just freeze up.

fenixjn 10-16-2009 11:25 AM

Try reflashing.

boredmug 10-16-2009 11:36 AM

i've had this problem with about every build of 6.5.. Not just Energy. usually if you just wait it will eventually go to the homescreen. Its pretty annoying and has been my biggest gripe about 6.5. I remember having this problem when 6.5 released and it was MUCH worse for me.

xSD 10-16-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmug (Post 1240340)
i've had this problem with about every build of 6.5.. Not just Energy. usually if you just wait it will eventually go to the homescreen. Its pretty annoying and has been my biggest gripe about 6.5. I remember having this problem when 6.5 released and it was MUCH worse for me.

Yeah, sometimes it will go back to homescreen, or let me move around in the SMS but most of the time it will just lock up. After about 10 mins I always soft reset. Annoying.

It happens weather I use titanium or touchflo3d.

DaveTN 10-16-2009 04:21 PM

I'm still using the sept release and have not had that problem.

David

xSD 10-16-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 1241126)
I'm still using the sept release and have not had that problem.

David

I'm thinking it could be an amount problem. I go through about 10k+ SMS a month and I do not delete any.

I noticed the problem only recently. Becomes more frequent now too.

boredmug 10-16-2009 06:05 PM

Yea, i notice if it does it, it's a lot less frequent and doesn't hang as long after i flash a new rom and don't restore old text messages. I think it is related to the amount of text messages stored.

fenixjn 10-16-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSD (Post 1241272)
I'm thinking it could be an amount problem. I go through about 10k+ SMS a month and I do not delete any.

I noticed the problem only recently. Becomes more frequent now too.

I guess it also depends on what version of EnergyROM you are using. 0920 was a very stable ROM with not too many issues. 1014 almost took my GPS away and was so slow. I took me some 4 hours to put the phone back to normal on 0920. Today, I tried again 1014 and it worked fine.

Other people are reporting similar issues as well, especially on those 2 categories: SMS and GPS. I would recommend to go back to 0920 and then reflash 1014 or stay on 0920 until the next release.

1014 has some more eye candy than 0920 and it is slightly faster than 0920 but 0920 is a lot more stable.

xSD 10-19-2009 03:57 PM

Reflashed. Issue is no more, but I believe its a matter of the amount of SMS stored in the phone. I will report back if this problem happens again when I start piling up the text messages.