PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Cricket MMS PMS'ing!

My MMS is upsetting me. I can send no problem but having issues recieving. I just recieved a photo a few minutes ago and now it just continues failing For the past few days its been failing most of the time but sometimes will work. Anyone have an idea? I've gone thorugh the settings are all fine. And I am logged into Data... It does go through the Data Right? Or can I turn off the data and it will still work? I have data constantly logged in.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started
Re: Cricket MMS PMS'ing!

I've been experiencing the same problem for a few days now. I chalk it up to being Cricket's problem. When you do receive a picture does it come in full or thumbnail size? Mine come in thumbnail size and have not found a fix yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Yeah! I noticed that. They were smallllll pictures. I did find out a problem being in the registry about Internet Explorer. Some string must be deleted and it all works fine until you open IE again. But I don't remember having this issue before. And the thumbnail size. I'm gonna send myself some photos and see what happens.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

turn your data off. when you use data, and let it idle, cricket kills your connection after 30 minutes. that is why it fails. you get the notice, but wont download pics, and when you go into message, download softkey is greyed out. reset your device for download to un-grey.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The issue that most of us are having with the MMS failing and resized images are entirely an issue with cricket. They have changed the size to fit their basic phone screens. As for receiving I agree with the previous post.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

AsItLies is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
The issue that most of us are having with the MMS failing and resized images are entirely an issue with cricket. They have changed the size to fit their basic phone screens. As for receiving I agree with the previous post.
Wow interesting they would do that... given the popularity of pda type phones now...
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
They have changed the size to fit their basic phone screens.
I believe it deals with the way the phones are identified. For example, I send a 92k pic, to a Samsung Messenger and it'll receive it at that size, but when sent to myself it only comes in at 2kb. Some pictures do get resized for the Messenger, but when received by the TP, they are always about 2kb and less than 200x200; which is consistently smaller than the Messenger.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Daimond
Carrier: Cricket Wireless

sinister1 is a n00b

I solved my send and receive issues My HTC Touch Diamond was working fine and all settings were correct but it just stopped sending and receiving all of a sudden for no reason. But this is what I did to and fixed it the reason it couldn't send is because of a registry entry that IE put's in there every time you use it. I did this to remove it: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings Where it says Connections, Delete that entire string Hold down stylus on Connections circle it and delete it, This is what keeps the MMS from sending. Bad thing is every time you open explorer it re-writes this registry. To solve that many of us have just used something else besides Explorer. Like Opera, Firefox Mobile or Skyfire.

And the reason I could not receive is because I didn't have the EnableServerEdit in my registry; I just went to HKLM /software/arcsoft mms ua/config/UI and added it

Now I can send and receive again.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Daimond
Carrier: Cricket Wireless

sinister1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
I solved my send and receive issues My HTC Touch Diamond was working fine and all settings were correct but it just stopped sending and receiving all of a sudden for no reason. But this is what I did to and fixed it the reason it couldn't send is because of a registry entry that IE put's in there every time you use it. I did this to remove it: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings Where it says Connections, Delete that entire string Hold down stylus on Connections circle it and delete it, This is what keeps the MMS from sending. Bad thing is every time you open explorer it re-writes this registry. To solve that many of us have just used something else besides Explorer. Like Opera, Firefox Mobile or Skyfire.

And the reason I could not receive is because I didn't have the EnableServerEdit in my registry; I just went to HKLM /software/arcsoft mms ua/config/UI and added it

Now I can send and receive again.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that you have to set the value of EnableServerEdit to 1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

tieman123 is a n00b

check out this post for a fix for the resizing of the images. Worked for me.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...7&postcount=10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro