PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible fix coming from XDA for GPS lag

I've been using GPS since the TP was released and was always a little bit annoyed by the GPS lag I was experiencing..

Well someone's trying to develope a GPS driver to help alleviate this.. there are some betas to try out and you can follow the thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=571266
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work
Re: Possible fix coming from XDA for GPS lag

Doesn't work for me: forces a hard reset.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

thx for the link. Will follow thread.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Mobile & MetroPcs

sirbreak is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sirbreak

Have you tried quickgps by HTC? Cooked in to the Affliction rom. Think I need new Garmin maps tho...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Im not meaning to take over this thread, so i apologize to the op who deserves the credit for finding this gem. Mach2003 over at xda has come up with a fix for our gps lags issues (where it shows you a block behind your actual position) Ive tested his recent release, ver .8 on my TP, and it works wonderfully. The only setting (reg value) i had to change was the "lag advance" setting. The default is 2800, which actually had me 20 meters ahead of my actual position. I changed it to 1800, and google maps had me dead on accurate. Here's a little from the thread...

Version:
0.1 First Test
0.2 Updated...
0.3 - Changed the course and distance calculation
- Added setup.dll for install and uninstall, without needing soft reset
0.4 - Installed the "Guess Where I'll be in a while" system
- New Reg Value LagAdvance DWORD, milliseconds to compensate for lag (default is 2800 or 2.8 seconds), 0 disables the feature
- Fixed an issue in setup.dll where if auto uninstall fails on upgrade, driver would not auto-load
- You might want to un-install 0.3 before installing 0.4.
0.5 - Changed the lat and lon exported to include any required leading zeros, fixes lats < 10, and lons < 100.
0.6 - Changed default port to COM3
- Read the GPS port from the GPSID registry, no longer using GpsComPort
- Stuffed a bit of startup data into the port, so applications see data before it exists
- Added a 100 ms delay after port is opened to allow data to be read.
- Fixed a Logging Issue, now the "Init" logs will always be written to the log, even though "EnableLogs" may be off
- Found an unterminated string that allowed extra junk data to go out to the applications some times
0.7 - Fixed the lats < 10 and lons < 100 (again, but this time it works)
- Changed the setup.dll to better allow uninstall and upgrade installs
- Saved some registry values and coded a way to restore reg if QueStub or something else crashes
- Saved the driver's active key to aid in uninstall
- Re-Used the GpsComPort reg to save the original port for later restore.
0.8 - Uninstall any previous version as best you can, remove any reg entries under serial5, before upgrade. If possible
- Revampped setup.dll in every way possible
- No longer needs Index Value on initial install, uses an automatically assigned free port (Windows decides)
- Saves Index value so that port wil not change on upgrade
- Will still use Index value, if you insist...
- Displays message box on install with the port you will use
- Install, Uninstall, and Upgrade Install (Install without first UnInstall) are all working great now (as far as I can tell)
- Driver loads and unloads properly, never needs a soft reset on install/Upgrade or Uninstall
- Only the system created reg entries stay on uninstall (sorry they will not delete)

Seaching and picking a serial port is no longer required at all! Driver should be Safe for all devices.
Also zipped the latest raw dll file here in case you have uninstall/install of cab problems.

The first post in this thread has the link to the xda thread,
which has the cab. It was an easy install, and like i said, works great on my Sprint Touch Pro running dcds 2.16 6.5 rom. Thanks hellrasier for starting this.
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro