PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
getting a replacement from sprint...

well, the inevitable has happened. my keyboard isn't working right... but this isn't another complain thread; i actually have a question.
the phone fell about 2 feet and has a rather noticeable ding on the chrome. i know that the fall didn't mess up the keyboard because i used it for a long time afterward and the keyboard is just now starting to act weird. so my question is: will the employees at sprint see this and still claim user damage to the phone and charge me for the replacement?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: getting a replacement from sprint...

A picture would help a lot. I got out of my car with my phone on my lap and then I would watchd it fly and hit the ground hard. After doing that 4 or 5 times I had to get a replacement. My chrome was peeling off and I had some dings. Sprint replaced it no questions asked.

I don't think they will have a problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

As long as the ding is small then they will swap it. They will attempt to run a test on the phone first to see what is wrong so if you have any ROM that is not sprint I would suggest to make it factory again and I think you will be fine. The store is really great about swapping out messed up equipment and if it is deemed that you caused it if you have the insurance you can pay a 100 dollar deductable and they will send you another one right out.

I would take the phone in and tell them what the problems you are having are and they will more than likely just start working on the phone and offer to replace it if it is not working correctly.

Good luck and dont be nervous because you have options within Sprint to get it either fixed, replaced, or advanced exchanged.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:46 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
A picture would help a lot. I got out of my car with my phone on my lap and then I would watchd it fly and hit the ground hard. After doing that 4 or 5 times I had to get a replacement. My chrome was peeling off and I had some dings. Sprint replaced it no questions asked.

I don't think they will have a problem.
i'm actually in the process of trying to take a picture (i was going to edit the post) but unfortunately the only camera i have besides the phone itself is a webcam... and i can't even make out the pictures myself let alone anyone else... so i'll post a picture when i can
thanks for the response though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawke01 View Post
As long as the ding is small then they will swap it. They will attempt to run a test on the phone first to see what is wrong so if you have any ROM that is not sprint I would suggest to make it factory again and I think you will be fine. The store is really great about swapping out messed up equipment and if it is deemed that you caused it if you have the insurance you can pay a 100 dollar deductable and they will send you another one right out.

I would take the phone in and tell them what the problems you are having are and they will more than likely just start working on the phone and offer to replace it if it is not working correctly.

Good luck and dont be nervous because you have options within Sprint to get it either fixed, replaced, or advanced exchanged.
long time ago i was having problems with a phone (i had tep and everything) and when i brought it in, they opened up the back and said "water damage" and handed the phone back to me. wouldn't even look at it. (i didn't drop it in water... the only thing i could think was steam from the shower or something)... so i'm just afraid that i'll bring it in and they'll say "you dropped it. that's why the keyboard doesn't work."... *shrug* maybe i'm being paranoid :P

Last edited by strra; 06-12-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
well, the inevitable has happened. my keyboard isn't working right... but this isn't another complain thread; i actually have a question.
the phone fell about 2 feet and has a rather noticeable ding on the chrome. i know that the fall didn't mess up the keyboard because i used it for a long time afterward and the keyboard is just now starting to act weird. so my question is: will the employees at sprint see this and still claim user damage to the phone and charge me for the replacement?
May want to check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=49422&page=10

If your keyboard is flaking out like described in this thread then it wasn't from dropping it.

I had dropped my 2nd TP, had a few good scratches in the chrome. The kb flaked out in little over a month. Took it into the store and they gave me a brand new one.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I find that the Sprint reps are pretty liberal with the exchange policy and as long as its not blatantly obvious that it's user-damage, they will typically replace it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sprint has never been into covering water damage. I had the Newton's Rings on my screen...they looked at it for about 5 seconds and ordered me a replacement. No fee and no questions beyond that asked.

The tech did give me grief for "junking up my phone with that Apple Slide 2 Unlock crap" though. Apparently he was as Anti-Apple products as I am!

Do you have TEP? If so...then you more or less have absolutely nothing to worry about! Most of us will agree that you shouldn't be too worried...Sprint will get you taken care of...they can't afford not to!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eirikr88 is just getting started

It amazes me to see all of these nice stories about sprint. Everytime i've had to take in a phone,which happened the most with my Mogul, it was like twisting arms to get any help or anything. When the last time my 3rd mogul started doing all the same crap as the first 2 i had to threaten to pay for and cancel all our accounts just to get them to talk replacement phone. I got the touch pro and its been great till recently. The vibrator broke and it developed the water/oil spots on the screen. I took it in they fixed the vibrator and told me the screen was a noraml thing on the phones so they wouldn't swap it...suffice to say im switching companies as of next friday.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr88 View Post
It amazes me to see all of these nice stories about sprint. Everytime i've had to take in a phone,which happened the most with my Mogul, it was like twisting arms to get any help or anything. When the last time my 3rd mogul started doing all the same crap as the first 2 i had to threaten to pay for and cancel all our accounts just to get them to talk replacement phone. I got the touch pro and its been great till recently. The vibrator broke and it developed the water/oil spots on the screen. I took it in they fixed the vibrator and told me the screen was a noraml thing on the phones so they wouldn't swap it...suffice to say im switching companies as of next friday.
I normally go to the corporate repair stores in either NYC or Boston. If I had a legitimate problem, I never had to twist arms to get them to replace it. Usually the deal was, I told them what was wrong with my phone, handed it over, came back in an hour and they would tell me that they have already placed an order for a new phone as they can't repair it. I come back a couple days later and they activate it for me in a couple minutes. I've done this process several times already as my Mogul had terrible problems after its first replacement as a refurb and once with the TP because of the keyboard issue. It's almost always the same process and ease, except for the one time my Mogul was completely dead and wouldn't turn on, that time they went to the back and activated a new phone right there on the spot.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

update: here's a picture:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
dead, keyboard, phone, touch pro, tp