PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Were you successful trading a TP1 for a TP2
Yes! I have a working TP2 in hand that I received as a replacement for a TP1 22 25.88%
No. I tried to get a TP2 and did not get one. I am not still working on it right now. 63 74.12%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poll: Who has gotten a TP1 replaced with a TP2

If you've gotten a TP2 into your hand, refurbished or new, then congratulations! Let us all know you've been successful.

If you're still pending, meaning you've been promised a TP2 but do not have it in hand yet, even if it's on the way to be delivered to you right now, please do not put a mark in until you actually are able to send and receive calls on the Sprint network with your TP2.

If you're still working on it, meaning you're making calls, going to ASC's, speaking to supervisors, etc, please do not put a mark until either you have a TP2 in hand or decide to put getting a TP2 through WEP on hold.

If you've made some effort to have your phone changed, but for now have given up on the project, maybe to try again in a month or some time in the future when possibly more TP2s will be in stock, then please mark that that you were not able to get a TP2 this time.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: Poll: Who has gotten a TP1 replaced with a TP2

Can you add a third poll option? Maybe something like "I had no problems with my TP and won't be attempting to get a tp2 as a replacement."

or maybe even "Yes, but I bought mine."

Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Can you add a third poll option? Maybe something like "I had no problems with my TP and won't be attempting to get a tp2 as a replacement."

Or better yet how about closing this along with the rest of the growing mountain of TP swapping to TP2 threads!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Once Sprint implemented a policy of replacing broken tp1s with tp2s for free, it is a perfectly valid question to ask how many people were able to actually have their tp1 replaced.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
Once Sprint implemented a policy of replacing broken tp1s with tp2s for free, it is a perfectly valid question to ask how many people were able to actually have their tp1 replaced.
absolutely! too many haters out there.. theyre just pissed their tp1 is working just fine, for now, and cant upgrade yet..
a couple weeks after i bought my tp in november, because i was tired of them fixing my mogul, my wife got her mogul upgraded to a tp1 for free(shes got big ol titties so im not surprised)... was i mad you may ask, no i wasnt, is my reply..
i just hope the backorder list isnt toooooooo long, im willing to wait but a broken phone is a broken phone no matter how green the grass is on the other side.

good poll, and good luck everybody...

Last edited by lazydazed; 10-14-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm in no hurry, did I stop in the store and ask the tech about replacing it you bet. I would be an idiot not to try. Will I try again later you bet and just like everyone is complaining about there isn't anything really wrong with my TP other than sometimes at night it will just lock up out of the blue and the alarm wont go off. Will I get my TP replaced for free, most likely. When everyone calms down and there back in stock I will give it another try.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:

+1 I don't anticipate moving till the Leo. The TP2 is too big.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
absolutely! too many haters out there.. theyre just pissed their tp1 is working just fine, for now, and cant upgrade yet..
a couple weeks after i bought my tp in november, because i was tired of them fixing my mogul, my wife got her mogul upgraded to a tp1 for free(shes got big ol titties so im not surprised)... was i mad you may ask, no i wasnt, is my reply..
i just hope the backorder list isnt toooooooo long, im willing to wait but a broken phone is a broken phone no matter how green the grass is on the other side.

good poll, and good luck everybody...
Hey nobody's hatin. Not everyone will try for a free replacement, that's all. The poll should show that too lol.

nah I dunno. Screw it. I have a plan to get my tp2 with money and thats all i need to focus on.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey nobody's hatin. Not everyone will try for a free replacement, that's all. The poll should show that too lol.

nah I dunno. Screw it. I have a plan to get my tp2 with money and thats all i need to focus on.
lol.. i wasnt trying to point fingers.. my wife has gone from the 6700(she got for free from a co-worker) to the mogul to the tp1, all without shelling out 1 red cent...me however have gone the same route with that money thing u mentioned...im over that. well mostly, i still gotta pay for service.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The purpose of this poll is to find out what proportion of people who try to replace their TP1 with a TP2 actually have succeeded.

People who, for whatever reason, haven't tried to replace their TP1 with a TP2 and people whose attempts to replace them haven't come to a conclusion, don't impact the question I'm asking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro