PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

ewilson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ewilson Send a message via MSN to ewilson Send a message via Yahoo to ewilson Send a message via Skype™ to ewilson
HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

Ok guys I want to know why HTC making all these new phones but with the same hardware but just different look of the phone? WHY for example the HTC Touch Pro,/2, Snap,Hero,Ozone,Pure,My Touch..comes with
Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528Mhz ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR Why, I know there is the Snap Dragon 1GHZ chip with 32GB memory why they didn't put that in the HTC Touch Pro 2 making that with 1Ghz 16/32GB Version that would be worth the price sprint selling it right. I mean somebody please tell me. Don't get me wrong they are nice looking phones but to keep spending all this money and going crazy over the same phone come on. I mean the HTC Touch Pro is a nice phone but is built weak very weak. You see at least I can give Props where props is due yeah the Iphone at least they have one phone that is taking over the market at least they just upgrading that same phone making it better every two years but they can also do better thats another story that was just Ex. Do you guys think its worth it to go crazy over the same hardware phone just differnt look of the same phone. Maybe I'm wrong. I know Android is a nice and up coming OS along with Webos. All I'm saying is when they Upgrade the phone why not the hardware. along with the price $350 for the same phone. the HTC Touch Pro has the same hardware as that the Touch Pro 2 but Bigger screen and it tilts up. On the real that should of been the HTC Touch Pro when upgraded from the Mogul the TP 2 should of been the TP they should of made it bigger and tilt and 4GB internal Memory with SD card up to 32 and left the side wheel as the mogul had. Then the TP2 should of came with 1ghz Snap dragon chip with internal 16/or 32gb better yet 16gb with SD card optional for better Muilti tasking left the flash. Taking the flash for Mute button What. well Once again maybe I'm Wrong..Please Please Respond
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

cuz they can make money without much work milking the old CPU knowing that there are people that will still actually buy it....
Old 10-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i think HTC is in the business of making money. For them it makes since to use the same hardware in different phones. that's basically why i haven't upgraded to the TP2.. I'm waiting for more of an upgrade. That and the average consumer has no clue what is actually inside the phone. All they care about is how it looks.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The screen size is the only thing that appeals to me on the TP2.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ewilson is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ewilson Send a message via MSN to ewilson Send a message via Yahoo to ewilson Send a message via Skype™ to ewilson

Yeah I know like always how long will that last before people wakes up. The only reason why I'm with Sprint because of the cheaper plan I would be with AT&T due to they have better Phones but naw they want to charge higher plans. Once the folks wakes up and get tire of the same phone HTC will loose out or if Samsung or Palm get the light and change the game as Iphone did or even Blackberry. To me it seems as if these companys did a panic when the Iphone came out just started throwing phones together. folks was lock in contract and Iphone was too high to buy at the time maybe they will catch the point. Maybe I'm wrong again.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ewilson is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Well i think HTC is in the business of making money. For them it makes since to use the same hardware in different phones. that's basically why i haven't upgraded to the TP2.. I'm waiting for more of an upgrade. That and the average consumer has no clue what is actually inside the phone. All they care about is how it looks.

You are right I feel the same way the screen and the tilt part other than that I'm waiting on the better upgrade I have the Warranty. or till AT&T gets the point to lower there plans which they are doing they finally got the $99 everything plan matter of time. They will get it by that time my contract will be up next year this time if AT&T got cheaper plan I will go back but if not I'll just suffer it out or maybe HTC will get the point. and see the light you right all about milking that cow while the milk is flowing..
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

j-man22 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Thats pretty much on point, its all about that money, but we all know the real deal.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Although the TP2 has many of the same specs as the TP it is still a large improvement over the TP and worthwhile upgrade. From my experiences with both devices, the TP2 is better in the following ways:
1) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better camera!
2) Bigger and better screen
3) Bigger and better keyboard
4) Better video playback, not as choppy as before (note the different chip set)
5) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better build quality. This thing feels solid!
6) Feels more responsive. I have not done benchmark comparisons but it feels snappier.
7) Much improved speaker phone.

I know on paper they look very similar, but in reality they are not. A 528 MHz processor can be quite fast when optimized correctly, the iPhone 3Gs only uses a 600 MHz processor and look how fast it is. My point is that the TP processor was nothing to scoff at, it just needed to be better implemented and optimized, hence the release of the TP2.

Other than that, HTC knows people will buy these devices. But honestly, how many devices are they releasing per carrier? It isn't that many. VZW essentially has two versions of the same phone: one with a hardware kb and one without. Sprint now has the TP2 and will hopefully get a CDMA version of the HD2.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok guys I want to know why HTC making all these new phones but with the same hardware but just different look of the phone? WHY for example the HTC Touch Pro,/2, Snap,Hero,Ozone,Pure,My Touch..comes with
Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528Mhz ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR Why, I know there is the Snap Dragon 1GHZ chip with 32GB memory why they didn't put that in the HTC Touch Pro 2 making that with 1Ghz 16/32GB Version that would be worth the price sprint selling it right.
Well some understanding of how the Cell business actually works would answer your question...

None of us are willing to pay more than $400 for a phone...The carriers know this, the phone manufacturers know this too...

The ACTUAL price of a TP NIB (note not TP2!) is about $600! Verizon used to pay that then sell you the phone for $400 cause they will make the money back on your contract!

The carriers have always subsidized the purchase of phones to make it affordable to you to want to buy and use their services!

Now lets say the TP2 with a 1ghz chip costs $100 more per unit....
Would you pay $500 for it with a 2 year contract? Hell no! Especially if it doesn't have multitouch and a Gig of Ram!

The carriers will only eat so much of the cost of the newer tech and until it has capabilities that will generate more revenue for them they are not going to give you a $700 peice of hardware for $400!

There were virtually no $400 phones until GPS and Mobile Browsing were seen to be new revenue streams for the carrier! A faster Proc will not net them any new revenue so why should they pay more to subsidize that phone?

So bottom line is the manufacturers listen to and make the product their sales team want. And their sales team are really the carriers!

Personally I would have loved to see a 1Ghz proc, More ram and Multitouch! But would I pay $600 for it?

I doubt it!
I doubt you would too!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i say if every ppc geeker with touch pro doesnt go to tp2, thats thousands. theyll get the message. maybe not thousands, but it sounded more dramatic

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro