PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
How well does the flash work on your TP2? I like being able to use it as a flashlight on my TP. Is that better also on the TP2? Thanks
dschoenike
FYI, Walmart is selling flashlights for $1.99 with baterries no less. If you want one for you keychain, you could probably score one of those for about a buck. The big bright screen of the TP32 works fine for illuminating any space.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

I can only tell you why I upgraded my TP2....because I'd come to hate my TP. It's as simple as that. In particular the keyboard was my biggest gripe with the TP. I just couldn't get used to it. The keyboard on the TP2, IMO, is far superior, and I'm not talking about the tilt, I'm talking about the layout, spacing, usability, etc.

All of the other pluses are just a bonus e.g. increased screen size, form factor (once you've used it for a while you'll understand, and I'm not talking about holding it in the store for 30 minutes), raised volume and power buttons (my preference only boys and girls), 3.5mm jack, and better battery life.

These are my opinions, my preferences, and my money if I want to spend it (or the companies?). I'm happy with my current choice. Next year I'll probably be posting in another thread 'justifying' why I needed to upgrade from a TP2

Everyone is going to have have their own opinion -some will be biased, others will be more honest. If you're not happy with what you have, you've got your homework to do. If you are, then congrats, and you're probably not reading this anyway

Last edited by CovKid66; 10-17-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Something else I neglected to mention, the volume buttons are no longer on the side of the lcd, so no more PIA pushing of the tiny buttons.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes the TP2 is better in some ways, worse in others, and about the same everywhere else....

The question you should be asking: Is it $200 better than your TP?

And I bet if we looked at the post archives we would find that most of you who say you upgraded because you hated the old phone said all the same things about your last phone when you first got your TP!

I'm not racing to upgrade simply because my TP works fine! I have never had the issues everyone else seems to have with it...
Yes the battery sucks and I'm sure the TP2 battery sucks as well!

I haven't had a cell phone that ever had enough battery power! LOL

HTC did screw up by not providing a flash led...Would have added all of 10 cents to the price!
Considering they skimped on the proc it was the least they could have done for us.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vst_ace is a n00b

I think it's becoming indisputable that the camera on the TP2 IS in fact better if not simply by the increase in resolution. Considering that it's using the same hardware, I think a software solution for the TP1 may not be far off.

http://www.mobilitydigest.com/tp2-ve...qualitytake-2/
Old 10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vst_ace View Post
I think it's becoming indisputable that the camera on the TP2 IS in fact better if not simply by the increase in resolution. Considering that it's using the same hardware, I think a software solution for the TP1 may not be far off.

http://www.mobilitydigest.com/tp2-ve...qualitytake-2/
Well if there is an actual increase in resolution then the hardware is not identical. Both are CMOS cameras I'm pretty sure but a 5 MP camera has more pixel sensors (or better sensor density) on the CMOS chip than a 3MP camera does.

Software alone won't be able to correct that.
And at some point the Megapixels will not matter much anymore...
Cause the glass of the lens will be the limiting factor not the chip sensor.

While tecnology can increase the density of the pixel sensors on the chip it still is for naught if the lens does not have the focal length to increase the size of the picture hitting that sensor.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro