PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

What's up, everyone!? I haven't posted here in quite a while and I lurk every now and then so I will chime in. I don't think the TP2 is much of an upgrade though it is a sweet device without a doubt. I've played with it enough to decide that although the camera, screen and keyboard are awesome, it's not something I deem a worthy upgrade. This is due to it having the same hardware and high price-tag for what it is. I'm waiting for a Tegra or Snapdragon based device, and when that comes, I'll be on it immediately.
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have both, I say if you got the money to upgrade go for it, if not, the tp is still a great device. I like my tp2 alot more then my tp, but hey if your happy with what you have now, play with a tp2 before you buy one so your not one of those people who will go into a rant about disliking the tp2.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
The screen size is the only thing that appeals to me on the TP2.
yeah me too, until people unlock it and start flashing custom roms. I think the screen size is enough to justify the money I'll need to spend.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Personally I'm not going to pay another 200 bucks for the same thing. I don't use the speakerphone very often and all though a bigger screen would be nice its the same resolution as the one I got. I've already paid 300 bucks I'm not going to pay another 200 for a bigger screen. Sorry. Now free when my keyboard dies absolutely. Oh YA and when its unlocked that will make a difference the longer I wait the cheaper it will be.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
yeah me too, until people unlock it and start flashing custom roms. I think the screen size is enough to justify the money I'll need to spend.
I love the increase in screen size.. BUT... after trying this in the store, I decided I will hold off on the TP2.

This phone is a lot bigger than the TP2. It feels bigger in my hand & no doubt in my pocket. It's not worth it in my opinion. My next phone is not going to be BIGGER...

The LEO on the other hand... looks nice and thin.. I think I could spare an increase in a little height and width dimensions..
Old 10-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Although the TP2 has many of the same specs as the TP it is still a large improvement over the TP and worthwhile upgrade. From my experiences with both devices, the TP2 is better in the following ways:
1) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better camera!
2) Bigger and better screen
3) Bigger and better keyboard
4) Better video playback, not as choppy as before (note the different chip set)
5) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better build quality. This thing feels solid!
6) Feels more responsive. I have not done benchmark comparisons but it feels snappier.
7) Much improved speaker phone.

I know on paper they look very similar, but in reality they are not. A 528 MHz processor can be quite fast when optimized correctly, the iPhone 3Gs only uses a 600 MHz processor and look how fast it is. My point is that the TP processor was nothing to scoff at, it just needed to be better implemented and optimized, hence the release of the TP2.

Other than that, HTC knows people will buy these devices. But honestly, how many devices are they releasing per carrier? It isn't that many. VZW essentially has two versions of the same phone: one with a hardware kb and one without. Sprint now has the TP2 and will hopefully get a CDMA version of the HD2.
I completely agree with the above statement. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Touch Pro2 seems to be the result of the meeting HTC had when they realized how broken the TP was and brainstormed ways to fix it/make it better.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

This is an easy one... because people buy it. If we dont buy it, they dont make it...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Threadstarter

ewilson is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ewilson Send a message via MSN to ewilson Send a message via Yahoo to ewilson Send a message via Skype™ to ewilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Although the TP2 has many of the same specs as the TP it is still a large improvement over the TP and worthwhile upgrade. From my experiences with both devices, the TP2 is better in the following ways:
1) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better camera!
2) Bigger and better screen
3) Bigger and better keyboard
4) Better video playback, not as choppy as before (note the different chip set)
5) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better build quality. This thing feels solid!
6) Feels more responsive. I have not done benchmark comparisons but it feels snappier.
7) Much improved speaker phone.

I know on paper they look very similar, but in reality they are not. A 528 MHz processor can be quite fast when optimized correctly, the iPhone 3Gs only uses a 600 MHz processor and look how fast it is. My point is that the TP processor was nothing to scoff at, it just needed to be better implemented and optimized, hence the release of the TP2.

Other than that, HTC knows people will buy these devices. But honestly, how many devices are they releasing per carrier? It isn't that many. VZW essentially has two versions of the same phone: one with a hardware kb and one without. Sprint now has the TP2 and will hopefully get a CDMA version of the HD2.
Both TP/TP2 has the same Camera 3.2MP TP has flash TP2 hasn't so the TP camera is better.
Bigger screen yes and it tilts, TP built cheap yes as far as the same chip TP chip is better even though its the same 528mhz TP using a newer chip. far as the TP2 faster than the TP you right when its software is built right meaning they upgraded the Touch Flow but if you take the Touch Flow off TP is way faster because it has Ram for muilti tasking is more that TP2 they cut some of the Ram on the TP2. Speaker phone is really not a importance when you should be putting more memory, CPU in the phone. specially if you calling yourself trying to complete with IPhone and To the IPhone at least they gave a bigger CPU chip from 400mhz to 600mhz taking that the 400mhz is out doing all the other phones on the market, have you seen the Games they have Madden 2010 WOW,and the G-sensor. So if you look closely at the TP/TP2 yes bigger screen better built and feel Tilting screen. They could of put 1ghz and 4gb internal memory left the flash and the mute button with SD card expanison slot. and then we talking.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Threadstarter

ewilson is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ewilson Send a message via MSN to ewilson Send a message via Yahoo to ewilson Send a message via Skype™ to ewilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I completely agree with the above statement. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Touch Pro2 seems to be the result of the meeting HTC had when they realized how broken the TP was and brainstormed ways to fix it/make it better.
So you telling me if HTC had of said ok lets Put the money and time into making the TPros better instead of making 10 other same hardware phone different look wouldn't of work. Lets say HTC said ok Touch Pro 2 1GHZ 4/8/16GB internal memory(different price) 5MP camera bigger screen, tilt screen Jog wheel Muiltouch (Microsoft not helping). wouldn't that be a Better phone Yes I'll pay that for the phone we paid about that much for the TP right. $300 with new contract. Of course the Cell phone companys thinks we not going to buy it look how many people bought the TP. Better yet look how many people bought and Buying the IPhone even though AT&T has the Highest voice Data Plan People still buying it. What I'm saying is that Apple taking all there thoughts and money putting it into one phone making it better every Two years. Yes of course why not make other phones for people who don't want to get the Touch Pro or Touch screen phone like the Snap yes thats Great also but when you making 10 other phones just differnt looks same hardware hight price tag that sucks sooner or later people will catch on. then Windows Mobile they are not helping at all thats another story.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 with SSS 2.5 Rom
Carrier: Sprint Sero!

zillanilla is a n00b

I personally think the TP2 was released to keep people from trying to return their TP's when that Leo comes out.

On another note...when I got my Mogul swapped out for a TP, I went a long while actually missing my Mogul. When I picked up my refurb TP2 on Monday(which was also defective), I forgot about that touch pro like it was an ex who didn't swallow lmao...need I saw more?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro