PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   worst part of windows mobile (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90538)

psycho_maniac 10-13-2009 10:55 PM

worst part of windows mobile

yeah i have over 4000k of txt messages and it takes so freaking long to delete them. sometimes i think a hard reset would be better.....how do you delete them?

i delete them but then my phone is SUPER slow then i soft reset and guess what...........THERE BACK!!!! oh this is so annoying

boredmug 10-13-2009 11:14 PM

Re: worst part of windows mobile

well i use arcsoft, so i'm not sure if yours is the same, but i can go to menu/tools/clear sms mms and that does the trick for me

psycho_maniac 10-13-2009 11:17 PM

yeah but that takes sooooooo long :( it ends up half freezing my phone. i use arcsoft also.

edit: i think if i delete them then i shut down my phone properly then they will delete...after it starts back up i go to the "deleted" folder and it shows them deleting. i tried "clear all" but that didnt work i just selected all of them "ctrl+a" or "menu/select/all" and then press the left soft key "delete"

Bird11 10-13-2009 11:23 PM

the entire winMo platform is crap. I just use it for the price.

boredmug 10-13-2009 11:37 PM

lol.. you should just pony up the cash and get yourself one of those I-phones. I hear they have Picture mail now!!

DMWagner 10-14-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1236131)
yeah i have over 4000k of txt messages and it takes so freaking long to delete them. sometimes i think a hard reset would be better.....how do you delete them?

i delete them but then my phone is SUPER slow then i soft reset and guess what...........THERE BACK!!!! oh this is so annoying

You need to have patience and let it finish deleting them and do not reset your phone. It takes a while... I only do around 300 at a time and I would guess it takes a minute or so.

psycho_maniac 10-16-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmug (Post 1236248)
lol.. you should just pony up the cash and get yourself one of those I-phones. I hear they have Picture mail now!!

OMG Picturemail are you serious???

haha no thanks. ill just stick with my touch pro. yea it took awhile actually i was making it slower when i went into the deleted folder. so i shut the phone down, turned it back on and went into my sms/mms inbox and watched the numbers drop on the bottom.

z0mbiexx 10-16-2009 08:48 PM

i try and clear the text convos with the most texts in them every few days so i don't have this problem anymore.

WAH 10-16-2009 09:27 PM

install the advanced confiruration tool and do this...
Under the “Perfomances” category:

Change file system cache to 8MB
Change file system filter cache to 131072
Change Glyph cache to 32KB

psycho_maniac 10-17-2009 03:16 AM

i dont like advanced config. and i those are already changed in the rom that i use.