PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Issues - booting extremely slow, power button not putting the device to sleep... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90520)

Plackslayer 10-13-2009 09:14 PM

TP Issues - booting extremely slow, power button not putting the device to sleep...

I have changed roms multiple times and it is still present.

The issue is when the device is reset, powered off normally, or the battery taken out the device while booting hangs at the initial TOUCH Pro screen for a very long time.

The other issue is if the device is on, clicking the power button does not send it to sleep, though if you hold down the power button it does bring up the "do you want to turn this device off" dialogue box implying that it knows its working, just not responding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--PS

Plackslayer 10-13-2009 10:04 PM

Re: TP Issues - booting extremely slow, power button not putting the device to sleep.

I just flashed the latest sprint rom directly downloaded from HTC and my power button is working correctly, though the device is still sluggish and I do not know why.

any advice?

jabkissmya 10-13-2009 10:24 PM

Re: TP Issues - booting extremely slow, power button not putting the device to sleep.

i am haveing same sluggish boot issue, just started today when i tried to flash to another rom, phone got hung in continuous boot cycle, reloaded to stock sprint rom and phone loads slow as christmas now. :(

Plackslayer 10-13-2009 10:50 PM

Yeah I have tried a couple roms and its amazingly slow. I have no idea whats up - I have cleared the storage also including the NAND ram and no change.

--PS

boredmug 10-13-2009 11:44 PM

usually the flash dance fixes issues like this.. weird. If i ever have strange problems i flash to a stock rom, then flash back to my favorite rom, let it load, hard reset and then let it do it's thing.

Plackslayer 10-14-2009 12:33 AM

Yeah, danced to no avaial as of yet on the slow boot... sometimes its 3-4m before it boots but it still does it.

--PS

Plackslayer 10-14-2009 01:14 AM

So odd!!!!!!! I reset my device again because it locked up while checking e-mail.

The power button no longer sends it to sleep. This is aggravating.

--PS

PhyscoAssassinx 10-14-2009 01:20 AM

what rom did u use when you started haveing these problems

Plackslayer 10-14-2009 01:22 AM

I was using DomSims Black Dragon rom. I didn't drop the phone or anything, it just started going slow while using it and now its doing as mentioned above.

Since that has happened I have flashed the HTC/Sprint released MR2 OEM rom, it was a slow boot also, so I flashed now to the reflectionist rom100809.

Same things are happening and the phone is just acting odd in general.

--PS

Gh05t 10-14-2009 01:30 AM

i think the power button is probably broken. my old one had problems with the button. it slowly and slowly got worse. sometimes pressing it did nothing and then i press a couple more times and nothing but then all the button presses somehow register later and then my screen would be flashing on and off. I brought it in to the store before it got any worse