PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send caller to voice mail.?

I have a caller-telemarketer or some crap caller that I want to send straight to voicemail each time they call. Is there a program that can help with this issue.?

Thanks

RD
Old 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: Send caller to voice mail.?

This program, Call Firewall, looks interesting. Doesn't send them to voicemail though. It just zaps them. And I haven't tried it but I might.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Looks like MagiCall might do what you're looking for.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

I use Call Block 1.17s for precisely that purpose. It's a paid program, and a new version has come out, (2.0). There is a free version that is available, but you're limited to blocking 5 numbers, (or just buy the full version for $12.95). Here is the program descriptions:

Free: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=37125

Pay: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=19006
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 10-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Ranger,

Just tell them " Please do not call this phone, its a company cell phone, and your responsible for the charges". Legally they're not suppose to keep calling you after you advise them of that. If so they could be responsible for paying your bill. Unless its bill collectors calling you, then you just need to pay ya billz...lol JK.. man

Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

saiyen2012 is a n00b

as of 3/5/09 all cell # were released to telemarketing companies. you will start to receive sale calls. to avoid this you should call To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked... You cannot call from a different phone number.

I use to have the same problem. I hope this helps you and anyone else reading this post. If it does. like everyone else says plz hit the thank you button.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Just do it online. Easier!
https://www.donotcall.gov/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyen2012 View Post
as of 3/5/09 all cell # were released to telemarketing companies. you will start to receive sale calls. to avoid this you should call To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked... You cannot call from a different phone number.

I use to have the same problem. I hope this helps you and anyone else reading this post. If it does. like everyone else says plz hit the thank you button.
I think they made that list permanent not long ago (no longer 5 year renew). Also, it is a mixed review, some people complain that the now get even more calls than before registering, some others (like me) receive a call once every 3 or 4 months, even longer.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I've found that the list may cut down on calls but it doesn't eliminate them. The only thing I've found to work is to take the call and tell the caller that I'm on the list and please remove my number from their database.

There is an informative website at http://killthecalls.com/ and they provide the attached "call sheet" for dealing quickly with telemarketers. I've found that it's the only thing that works 100%. Once you read the rules to them, you never hear from them again.

What I'd really love to see is a little PPC app that would allow me to take the call, then if it was a telemarketer, allow me to press a speed button to send to my pre-recorded PPC message that informs them that I'm on the do-not-call list and warns them not to call again. That would be sweet!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ktc1001.pdf (23.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
I use Call Block 1.17s for precisely that purpose. It's a paid program, and a new version has come out, (2.0). There is a free version that is available, but you're limited to blocking 5 numbers, (or just buy the full version for $12.95). Here is the program descriptions:

Free: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=37125

Pay: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=19006
I have to interject and suggest Magicall. I've used CallBlock, Call Filter, some other application with a weird name, and finally Magicall. I've stuck with it because it's hands down the best for filtering out unwanted callers based on things like actual phone number, phone number patterns, area codes, Outlook category, time/day of the week, etc.. Oh yeah, it does SMS filterting too.

It supports custom scripting so you can get it to do anything you want. For telemarketers, mine quickly sends them to voicemail and then it turns off the TP screen.

I get a lot of calls from clearly fake numbers (eg 7777777777, 1234567999) which didn't work well with any other program. Magicall is instructed to block any number that is not exactly 7 digits in length. Very, very few actually get through.

197 calls blocked in 19 days At least they give me Sunday off lol

ps- recoring a 2-minute long silence as a voicemail greeting will waste a little of their time as well

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro