PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

zuruikyubi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to zuruikyubi
Screen Problems

My screen flickers when switch tabs, start menu flickers. taking pictures or videos is fine. spb screen shot shows the screen is fine too. i have taking some videos of what i am taking about. I was wondering if replace the flex cable would fix the issue.

When i bought the phone the keyboard did not work at all. If i replace the flex cable would that fix both problems the screen and the keyboard or am i s.o.l.
and have to get another phone.

you can post a reply or pm.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ID20000071.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ID20000061.flv
Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lol961 is just getting started
Re: Screen Problems

bad flash maybe?

^^^ Home Internet.. Wack Upload.

^^^ HTC Touch Pro.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zuruikyubi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol961 View Post
bad flash maybe?
I have tried reflashing different roms, i still get the same problems. Unless there is a way to wipe the tp and start fresh? I would try it.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zuruikyubi is a n00b

I have noticed that the screen flicker or moves when there is animation running on the screen like on the rom i am running now, when the weather updates with the sunny or the rain, the screen will flicker. it also does it when the wheel in the middle of the screen when like closing the data connection. Hopefully this helps?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started

FYI the ribbon cable is not replaceable. You would need to get an entire keyboard as the ribbon is connected directly to the keyboard. There are some on ebay for $26 including the frame (used but supposed to be in good order from a high rated seller). I will get mine when I get home and see how it works. I did notice when I was messing with the ribbon to get it to stay in portrait that resistance on some traces did cause some screen flicker. Not sure if it would be the problem you are experiencing but if the keyboard is already bad... couldn't hurt to replace it and see what happens. I am going to take pictures and write up a how-to for anyone that might be interested.

On a side note, screen flicker on LCD displays is usually caused by power fluctuations. This can be caused by a bad connection, cold solder joints, voltage regulator, etc. Maybe when you have screen activity it is reacting to the increased use of the processor and therefor increased power usage. If you have a bad connection this could be lowering the amperage that is bridging the poor connection for a few milliseconds.

namopereht
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zuruikyubi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by namopereht View Post
FYI the ribbon cable is not replaceable. You would need to get an entire keyboard as the ribbon is connected directly to the keyboard. There are some on ebay for $26 including the frame (used but supposed to be in good order from a high rated seller). I will get mine when I get home and see how it works. I did notice when I was messing with the ribbon to get it to stay in portrait that resistance on some traces did cause some screen flicker. Not sure if it would be the problem you are experiencing but if the keyboard is already bad... couldn't hurt to replace it and see what happens. I am going to take pictures and write up a how-to for anyone that might be interested.

On a side note, screen flicker on LCD displays is usually caused by power fluctuations. This can be caused by a bad connection, cold solder joints, voltage regulator, etc. Maybe when you have screen activity it is reacting to the increased use of the processor and therefor increased power usage. If you have a bad connection this could be lowering the amperage that is bridging the poor connection for a few milliseconds.

namopereht
Thank you for the info, I will be ordering a keyboard to see if this helps, please let me know when you get the write up done. Once the keyboard get in i will let you know if this fixed the problem.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started

No problem. Mine is waiting for me to get home and claim it but not home until Sunday afternoon. Most likely will be top on my list (real annoying with no kb!) so I will post that night or the next morning. I have me a new canon with super macro so dying to try it out :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro