PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cmon htc & sprint

i once again had 2 replace a touch pro because of it falling apart & keyboard issues .... the refurb out of the box had issues .. it took 3 returns to the store in 1 day to fix .. & the ******* screen is lifting off n i know its gonna slice me open again .. anyway this message is for any1 who wants to buy a tp .. DONT ! they suck .. every replacement ive ever had sucked & im on my 9th one since spring .. i may just let T-Mobile pay my cancellation fee & switch over to the G1 .. if the sprint techs & sales ppl werent trained to lie to ur face id jus shut up & mind my biz .. you would think sprint would like to keep buisness instead of bs'ing ppl as to y thier phones fail .

Last edited by Mr. X; 10-13-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Mod Edit: Cursing/Bypassing language filter
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: cmon htc & sprint

I know the feeling. I just got another replacement today. Looking at it just now and noticed the bottom isn't even screwed on!!!!! So the thing is fallin apart!!!
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tjoneil is a n00b

What do you guys do with these things? I'm using my original touch pro from December 2008. The only time I took it in for repair was because I hosed a ROM. They did some sort of "hard reset" and it cleared everything.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

You really don't have to do anything to the phone but use it to get the major issue to pop up, and thats the non-working keyboard.

I bought my first TP in Oct of 08. Got it replaced in March'ish due to the crumbling chrome bezel (defect recall). No issues till as of late.... my keyboard stopped working. Got it repaired. Then two weeks later stopped working again, with a new symptom.... it locked up sometimes while talking and Charging (overheat issue I suppose).
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
You really don't have to do anything to the phone but use it to get the major issue to pop up, and thats the non-working keyboard.

I bought my first TP in Oct of 08. Got it replaced in March'ish due to the crumbling chrome bezel (defect recall). No issues till as of late.... my keyboard stopped working. Got it repaired. Then two weeks later stopped working again, with a new symptom.... it locked up sometimes while talking and Charging (overheat issue I suppose).
two things, I had the original touch pro for a year, flex cable kept coming loose, but sold it, its a known problem, and whats up with your avatar? lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started

i got a replacement last week and the battery cover is discolored and looks horrible
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
two things, I had the original touch pro for a year, flex cable kept coming loose, but sold it, its a known problem, and whats up with your avatar? lol
Heh.... it is a known problem, however it is a reoccuring problem that I shouldn't have to keep going back to a repair center for. It is a fatal design flaw.

Two... thats not an avatar pic... thats my live webcam feed!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:

That is so wrong on so many levels...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Heh.... it is a known problem, however it is a reoccuring problem that I shouldn't have to keep going back to a repair center for. It is a fatal design flaw.

I completely agree, luckily you can go to a repair center and they fix it, since mine is on metro and I retract my prior statement about the display picture.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well went into sprint store .. tech was cool .. looked up my info & was shocked 2 have seen how many tp's ive had .... said he can only give equal & tp2 was not in store n may take forever .. another tech knew where the stash was cuz i got a tp2 as a free exchange today .. there may be upcoming issues with this phone who knows .. as of now its new & the usual chrome breaking, keyboard freezing, serious lag, over heating, screen lifting & whatever other issues im annoyed with expecting are at least as far as tp . . . gone ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro