PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   no voice dialing on 6.5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90236)

macaroo 10-12-2009 08:24 PM

no voice dialing on 6.5?

heya...luvin the nrg rom release... question though for a newb to 6.5. what happened to voice activated commands? i used to be able to just hold me send key to the call john for example... loved it. can you let me know what happened?

rstoyguy 10-12-2009 09:06 PM

Re: no voice dialing on 6.5?

Moved to the general HTC Touch Pro forums.

NotATreoFan 10-12-2009 10:33 PM

I cannot speak for specific ROMs, but MS Voice Command has been known to have some issues with newer WM6.5 OS builds. Microsoft has stopped updating Voice Command, and will be replacing it with a new program called TellMe.

k_semler 10-12-2009 10:44 PM

You need to install MSVC. (Microsoft Voice Command). It's up on my 4shared if you want it, or you can wait for TellMe, (whenever it's released). I have the PTT button set up as the MSVC activator. (push PTT, wait for chime, give command).

macaroo 10-12-2009 11:22 PM

wow thats great. Thanks guys. Tellme looks like a great app, if it would ever get released. the bing plugin also looks cool, if only they could have integrated the actual useful things like.. phone wife home. How many people really are always looking for a pizza joint in chicago?

trying your msvc 1.6 from 4shared right now. Not sure what the PTT button is but assuming it is the phone button.

NotATreoFan 10-12-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macaroo (Post 1233289)
wow thats great. Thanks guys. Tellme looks like a great app, if it would ever get released. the bing plugin also looks cool, if only they could have integrated the actual useful things like.. phone wife home. How many people really are always looking for a pizza joint in chicago?

trying your msvc 1.6 from 4shared right now. Not sure what the PTT button is but assuming it is the phone button.

PTT refers to the Push-To-Talk button on the side of the HTC Fuze, below the Volume keys.

k_semler 10-12-2009 11:34 PM

PTT = Push To Talk = Button immediately below VolDn on ATT proprietary handsets. I don't subscribe to PTT, so I've re-purposed that button to MSVC. Yes, you can "Call. Mom cell" if you want, or "What is the time?, What is the date? What is the signal strengh, Go, Opera Browser", etc. MSVC is very functional. Give your phone commands, authenticate command, and away you go.

macaroo 10-12-2009 11:41 PM

Yes thanks. I got it worked out. Don't have ptt on the touch pro so wired it to the long hold talk button. msvc is very convenient. used it daily on winmo 6.1. I was speaking earlier though how i think they missed the boat on the bing app. I mean its great to use it for locations etc.. but to not have one app wired in for both things like call and where is seems a bit lame. anyway... looking forward to seeing the tellme app.
thanks again.