PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Refurb Screens Grainier?

I just recieved the warranty replacement for my wife's touch pro. It is a refurb. I noticed this grainy appearance that it has that the original doesn't. It makes the VGA screen look like poo. Is HTC trying to fix the delamination problem by substituting the screens with different parts on their refurbs?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Refurb Screens Grainier?

I just got a replacement a few days ago and I think the screen is more clear and brilliant than the tp I got new in box.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess it may be just a Verizon issue.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

I'd fuss about that to CS, if it were me.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I agree with juliend. Don't accept a degraded TP just because it is a refurb.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Cool Re: Refurb Screens Grainier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I just recieved the warranty replacement for my wife's touch pro. It is a refurb. I noticed this grainy appearance that it has that the original doesn't. It makes the VGA screen look like poo. Is HTC trying to fix the delamination problem by substituting the screens with different parts on their refurbs?

I know this is an old thread, but I simply had to get my two cents in here, this issue has made me so crazy. Of the five or so replacement TPs I've had to send back to Verizon (yes, five!), three of them had this grainy screen. I told Vzw I simply would not accept a replacement with an inferior screen and sent them all back for that reason. They finally agreed to send me a different model phone.

They say vzw doesn't verify the reported problem with the phone when they receive one returned and that replacements and refurbishments are done by HTC's guys and not vzw's. So say they, at least; who knows. At any rate, it demonstrates that vzw accepts no responsibility for quality control over their "certified" good as new refurbed phones, and as such risk alienating their customers.

I really wish these forums weren't just preaching to the choir but reached a wider segment of the public so that they could be warned.

Btw., the other two replacements they sent: one they sent to an address I haven't lived at for over five years (an appreciated free gift for whomever lives there, no doubt); the other had non-working hardware buttons.

- Cost to me for the original phone: $200.
- Direct cost to Verizon: +/- $1000 (lost phones, shipping, support calls, brand new replacement phone).
- Cost overall to Verizon in street cred and future business for its epic FAIL of not getting it right the first time - and failing with style: Priceless.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I reported the problem to Verizon over the weekend and they couldn't find any refurbed or new TP1's so the TP2 they are sending as a replacement should be here tomorow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro