PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Refurb Screens Grainier? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90210)

wesscoggin 10-12-2009 05:51 PM

Refurb Screens Grainier?

I just recieved the warranty replacement for my wife's touch pro. It is a refurb. I noticed this grainy appearance that it has that the original doesn't. It makes the VGA screen look like poo. Is HTC trying to fix the delamination problem by substituting the screens with different parts on their refurbs?

lwrdrchvy2 10-12-2009 06:01 PM

Re: Refurb Screens Grainier?

I just got a replacement a few days ago and I think the screen is more clear and brilliant than the tp I got new in box.

wesscoggin 10-12-2009 06:42 PM

I guess it may be just a Verizon issue.

juliend 10-12-2009 06:58 PM

I'd fuss about that to CS, if it were me.

mastergadgets 10-13-2009 10:58 AM

I agree with juliend. Don't accept a degraded TP just because it is a refurb.

constitutionalist 10-31-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 1232506)
I just recieved the warranty replacement for my wife's touch pro. It is a refurb. I noticed this grainy appearance that it has that the original doesn't. It makes the VGA screen look like poo. Is HTC trying to fix the delamination problem by substituting the screens with different parts on their refurbs?

I know this is an old thread, but I simply had to get my two cents in here, this issue has made me so crazy. Of the five or so replacement TPs I've had to send back to Verizon (yes, five!), three of them had this grainy screen. I told Vzw I simply would not accept a replacement with an inferior screen and sent them all back for that reason. They finally agreed to send me a different model phone.

They say vzw doesn't verify the reported problem with the phone when they receive one returned and that replacements and refurbishments are done by HTC's guys and not vzw's. So say they, at least; who knows. At any rate, it demonstrates that vzw accepts no responsibility for quality control over their "certified" good as new refurbed phones, and as such risk alienating their customers.

I really wish these forums weren't just preaching to the choir but reached a wider segment of the public so that they could be warned.

Btw., the other two replacements they sent: one they sent to an address I haven't lived at for over five years (an appreciated free gift for whomever lives there, no doubt); the other had non-working hardware buttons.

- Cost to me for the original phone: $200.
- Direct cost to Verizon: +/- $1000 (lost phones, shipping, support calls, brand new replacement phone).
- Cost overall to Verizon in street cred and future business for its epic FAIL of not getting it right the first time - and failing with style: Priceless. :headbang:

wesscoggin 11-02-2009 06:52 PM

I reported the problem to Verizon over the weekend and they couldn't find any refurbed or new TP1's so the TP2 they are sending as a replacement should be here tomorow.