PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
The old TP is being reassigned. Which OS to use?

Now that I have my TP2, and Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it, I'm going to reactivate it on my TP strictly for GPS. So the question is - is 6.5 faster than 6.1? Is it any less of a hog? We're talking just bare OS here. I'm loading nothing else on the phone but Tom Tom. So I'm going to cook a ROM with only the essentials, and bump up the PagePool, then load TTN6.

So, 6.1 or 6.5?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: The old TP is being reassigned. Which OS to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Now that I have my TP2, and Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it, I'm going to reactivate it on my TP strictly for GPS. So the question is - is 6.5 faster than 6.1? Is it any less of a hog? We're talking just bare OS here. I'm loading nothing else on the phone but Tom Tom. So I'm going to cook a ROM with only the essentials, and bump up the PagePool, then load TTN6.

So, 6.1 or 6.5?
IMO either one would be fine. I think just cook the SYS and XIP and add the tomtom exe to startup. personally I'd use 6.5 but that's only because I don't know much about 6.1..
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
...Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it...
what's wrong with tomtom on tp2?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just put garminxt on the TP2 instead...It's better and why carry two phones around just to have GPS?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

TTN6 apparently doesn't support 800x480. So I need to use WGAFix to use it. Then, the GPS has horrible lag (which I understand may be just a problem with the TP2 and a flash might fix).

The TP won't be carried around. I'm just going to leave it on a windshield mount in the car for GPS use. Once nav is straight on the TP2, I'll give the TP to my wife for her to use as GPS in her car.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
the World Watcher

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
TTN6 apparently doesn't support 800x480. So I need to use WGAFix to use it. Then, the GPS has horrible lag (which I understand may be just a problem with the TP2 and a flash might fix).

The TP won't be carried around. I'm just going to leave it on a windshield mount in the car for GPS use. Once nav is straight on the TP2, I'll give the TP to my wife for her to use as GPS in her car.
i have tt7... do you know if that works? (i'm supposed to be getting a tp2 on thursday and tomtom wasn't cheap to just stop using)
Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I'm pretty sure it does. I spoke with Tomtom about my problem and they said TTN7 should be coming out for the US market soon. Everyone whom I've read stating that TTN works on their TP2 has version 7.

Wait, you have TTN7 and you're in Michigan?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ive had TTN7 on my tp for a few months. been working great for me. DC Metro areaa...
Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well, where the hell are you guys getting it? Tom Tom's site doesn't have it for sale in the US.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
the World Watcher

i bought it on ebay a long time ago.... you should check there

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro