PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, rooted OC 1.0ghz
Carrier: Verizon

Klauven is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some help on a buying decision

So, I am currently using the Vogue/XV6900. I would like to make an upgrade. I am looking at the Touch Pro. My main motivation for wanting to upgrade is to improve my browsing experience. I understand the touch pro has the same size screen, but double the resolution. Does this extra resolution significantly improve the browsing experience?
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work
Re: Need some help on a buying decision

yes it greatly impacts it positively. Text on webpages is much clearer, pictures are sharper, and the higher resolution allows you to view more things on the screen.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i wouldn't say it makes for a better experience but it does make everything look a lot nicer. if you're looking for an improved experience you're going to want to look at the software you're using whether it be Opera, IE, or Skyfire. the touch pro ships with Opera on board but if you want flash you'll need to download skyfire as well, when i had my TP i used both depending on what i was doing. as far as the hardware, the TP has a slightly faster processor and by far more ram than the Vogue so everything would run quicker as opposed to just upgrading the software on your Vogue and the physical keyboard as well makes things nice and it an easier way to get to landscape . So the TP will definitely lend itself to a better browsing experience
Old 10-10-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I appreciate the input. I wasn't even thinking about the processor and RAM affecting the browsing experience. Looks like its time to start hunting for a deal on ebay.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

check ebay you may also want to check our bargain trader forum right here on ppcgeeks
Old 10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauven View Post
So, I am currently using the Vogue/XV6900. I would like to make an upgrade. I am looking at the Touch Pro. My main motivation for wanting to upgrade is to improve my browsing experience. I understand the touch pro has the same size screen, but double the resolution. Does this extra resolution significantly improve the browsing experience?
huge difference, make sure to get an alltel, us cellular, or sprint touch pro, has more ram then the verizon version.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-10-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
huge difference, make sure to get an alltel, us cellular, or sprint touch pro, has more ram then the verizon version.

Really? I thought users were having VERY difficult times getting non-Verizon phones activated on Verizon.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Really? I thought users were having VERY difficult times getting non-Verizon phones activated on Verizon.
I suggest you get an Alltel touch pro. I have one right now and activation to verizon was extremely simple. i just took it in to the store and they spent a couple minutes with it. DONT get the verizon touch pro. I tested it out and it is DEAD SLOW.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
thats what i had been hearing/reading but who knows, its not like it can't happen
Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't know, I read this thread about a gentleman spending 3 months trying to get an Alltel TP onto the Verizon network with no luck...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=66908&page=10

Also, I have a grandfathered in account from the days of Airtouch...its such a great deal I would not risk calling them up or going into a store and bringing it to their attention, I want a phone I can just activate on their website.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro