PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mdavis735 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!!!!!!Lost Contacts

hello,i had to reflash my phone to the stock rom in order to return it due to hardware keyboard failure.AGAIN.i used windows mobile device manager to sync my contacts.somehow or another it did not sync more that about 10% of them.i have done it so many times i just saw the first 5 or 10 in outlook and assumed it worked.my question is. . . . . is there anyway to get back the lost data from the phones memory?????like when you recover data from a pc's hard drive after format.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Re: HELP!!!!!!!Lost Contacts

I think your might be out of luck man sorry. Thats why I use PIMbackup and Myphone together for a failsafe. I have too many contacts to lose.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 PM
WTF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

WTF is a n00b

Pim Backup and Sprite Backup everytime my friend.

2x The Protection...

But yup your screwed sorry buddy.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just for future reference, I also use dashwire along with my PIM backup. I like the way it's an online server for storage.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

+1 on courtney, pimbackup+dashwire is great, just dont let dashwire sync a 16 card!!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Dont forget www.Flexilis.com also another good online backup for contacts.etc.

I do the combo of Pimback/Flexilis.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Yes my friend you are out of luck, there is an app for mobile device capable to recover lost data but will recover only the storage card not the main memory. I advice dashwire or flexilis both can auto backup your contacts online so they can be restore later, or Pimbackup,sprite backup, sktools, sprite, spb backup, etc so u can backup your contacts to ur storage card, good luck.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

I have my PIM file (which is located in the the root dir of your device) cooked into my ROM. And in that PIM file also contains your Calendar, Tasks, and call history entries aswell!

Thats only if your into cooking your own ROMs, ofcourse.

So even if I hard reset my device, my Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and call history entries come back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro