PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

KHPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Altell Touch pro calling problem!

Hello all!

In the last week or so I have encountered a bothering problem with my touch pro from alltel. When I receive a call from someone Ill slide to answer and i will say "hello" and even shout into the phone but my callers cant hear me and then the phone will automatically disconnect withing 8 or so seconds. Similary when I make a call the recipient will answer and they cannot hear me. That being said , it does function 30% of the time and I an make and recieve calls fine. I have hard reseted the phone twice to clean up any programs that could be aiding in this issue. The only app i have installed other than the rom apps is sms fix(that fixes my sms sent notification) so basically its all stock.

Could this be a hardware problem? I never had these problems for the 5 months I had this phone , well only when I used diamond tweak I had a issue with answering the phone while a data connection was on but I dont use that anymore. I have noticed that the newer alltel rom that I installed has its ups and downs , still buggy.

Any help? or should I just send in for a warranty replacement?

Thanks everyone I hope I explained this ok
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b
Re: Altell Touch pro calling problem!

Bump
Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

scottemick is a n00b

I have a refurb Alltel Touch pro phone I just got from Verizon as a replacement for my touch pro which was locking up and rebooting even after flashing it back to the standard alltel touch pro rom. So I have this refurb, and I did like the slide to answer, but I agree that there are bugs. I have yet to get my GPS to work after running quick gps, turning on gps in phone settings and verifying that the windows ext gps is set for COM4, 4800, no hardware port, and allow windows to manage. Also I cannot get QPST 2.7 build 3.2.3 to recognize the phone either.

Anyway, one thing you need to watch for with the new slide to answer is that after sliding to the left, the MUTE button is right under where your finger will be. This may be the cause of what you are experiencing. I have to be careful to slid and lift my finger in one swoop.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottemick View Post
.... I have yet to get my GPS to work after running quick gps, turning on gps in phone settings and verifying that the windows ext gps is set for COM4, 4800, no hardware port, and allow windows to manage. Also I cannot get QPST 2.7 build 3.2.3 to recognize the phone either....
I had the same problem with the GPS on my refurb Alltel TP. Here is how I fixed it:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...65#post1307465
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b
Angry Re: Altell Touch pro calling problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottemick View Post
I have a refurb Alltel Touch pro phone I just got from Verizon as a replacement for my touch pro which was locking up and rebooting even after flashing it back to the standard alltel touch pro rom. So I have this refurb, and I did like the slide to answer, but I agree that there are bugs. I have yet to get my GPS to work after running quick gps, turning on gps in phone settings and verifying that the windows ext gps is set for COM4, 4800, no hardware port, and allow windows to manage. Also I cannot get QPST 2.7 build 3.2.3 to recognize the phone either.

Anyway, one thing you need to watch for with the new slide to answer is that after sliding to the left, the MUTE button is right under where your finger will be. This may be the cause of what you are experiencing. I have to be careful to slid and lift my finger in one swoop.
Yeah I like the slide to answer too but this also happens when using the hardware button also. After a hard reset it will work for maybe a day and then bacjk to the same problem.

And not to get too off track , I am on a national account through my work university of Nebraska and I begged the phone store which carries Sprint , alltel/verison and so forth if they could just upgrade my touch prio to the touch pro 2 and they gave me the run around. I guess when your on a national account it is the discretion of the place you purchased the phone to trade these out with a TP2. Im so jealous of sprint users right now cause it seems there warrantied touch pros are being replaced for a TP2. Now I have to pay $489.00 for a TP2 and hope someone will buy my new touch pro and all accessories

Another thought , if i were to get another refurb I am not going to upgrade to the newest rom from HTC il stick with the factory and tweak it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro