PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

czero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Housing for sprint

Hi Guys,

Just tried to get my touchpro replaced by sprint TEP to get me a touch Pro 2

but unfortunately, the sprint reps did not even replace/repair my current touch pro. they stated that is has been through physical damage, and abuse. it was either no repair, or $100 deductible.

p.s ( it's not that much damage, just the side of the housing is cracked and missing some metal, the phone is not split in half).

so i was wondering if there was any place/tutorials that can help me replace my touch pro's housing.

and where can i buy this kit.

it has to be the exact same one for sprint, so i can get my phone replaced

thanks.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: Touch Pro Housing for sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by czero View Post
Hi Guys,

but unfortunately, the sprint reps did not even replace/repair my current touch pro. they stated that is has been through physical damage, and abuse. it was either no repair, or $100 deductible.

p.s ( it's not that much damage, just the side of the housing is cracked and missing some metal, the phone is not split in half).

so i was wondering if there was any place/tutorials that can help me replace my touch pro's housing.

thanks.
that sucks, I was told I had to pay from supposed "water damage" when all I went in there for was a keyboard replacement. I swear TEP is useless
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by czero View Post
Hi Guys,

thanks.
last time I checked they sold the housing's on ebay, the alltel housing should fit, if I am wrong someone can correct me lol(in regard to the housing)

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

somehow I doubt sprint would replace an altel branded TP lol
Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im sure you would be able to find a sprint housing on ebay...if not you can just hold out for something to actually be wrong with your phone (other than physical) and then take it back in to be replaced.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
im sure you would be able to find a sprint housing on ebay...if not you can just hold out for something to actually be wrong with your phone (other than physical) and then take it back in to be replaced.
it doesn't matter though, my keyboard was bad and they said I had "water damage" since that stupid sensor was tripped (and this phone's never been anywhere near water or ever dropped in water) and I still had to pay $120 for another TP. Truth be told if they try to pull that again I will demand they pay me back for all the months I've had TEP since there's no use paying into something that just charges me money anyway
Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 AM
lwrdrchvy2

The technicians are not supposed to go by the stickers because they can be triggered rather easily. If you go back, tell them that you do not care about the physical damage, you just want the keyboard to work and that if they think there is water damage to open it up and show you were moisture has damaged the board. When I worked for sprint people brought stuff like yours in all the time but it was still taken care of, especially when it was a known issue like the keyboard on the TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
The technicians are not supposed to go by the stickers because they can be triggered rather easily. If you go back, tell them that you do not care about the physical damage, you just want the keyboard to work and that if they think there is water damage to open it up and show you were moisture has damaged the board. When I worked for sprint people brought stuff like yours in all the time but it was still taken care of, especially when it was a known issue like the keyboard on the TP.
Good point, next time I will be more firm, or just get the TP2 upgrade I keep hearing about.

I just wished they could have given me a keyboard for free, I know to install one as I took mine apart before I took it in and had it running an extra few weeks longer before it died completely.

If they're too lazy to install the new one, I'd gladly take half their payrate of that hour and do it in like 5 minutes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:51 AM
lwrdrchvy2

if they were to give you the keyboard to install your self they would most likely immediately flag your phone as damaged beyond repair since they know you are taking it apart and that would just cause you more of a hassle than anything.

Check your pm's.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
if they were to give you the keyboard to install your self they would most likely immediately flag your phone as damaged beyond repair since they know you are taking it apart and that would just cause you more of a hassle than anything.

Check your pm's.
I know I know, I was just saying it's not hard to do at all and they could just have easily have done it if they had a spare keyboard available.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
housing, insurance, replacement, tep, touch pro