PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Driver pack from new Sprint rom

I don't even know if I'm making sense, but is there a way to figure out what was updated in the newest sprint rom in regards to drivers, and then get some kind of cab that installs them?

Old 10-09-2009, 11:31 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Driver pack from new Sprint rom

It wouldn't be anything newer then what chefs use currently.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I could just make a cab of every DLL in OEMDRIVERS from the last official sprint rom but I could see that breaking stuff...

I don't know if this would even install, break everything, etc.. . I installed it on a test TP that already has all these drivers on it (but theyre modules instead of files) and it would not boot...

Last edited by raidzero; 10-09-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

the new rom is a different sys. why not just go with the new, or a cooked.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Well I mean, some people have put "final" on their versions of roms when this new stuff is coming out.

I don't know. After a year, I'm still a big idiot when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i've been out of the cooking scene, only dabbling briefly every few months.
the stocks been keeping me happy once fully tweaked. like I've said before the only reason I see for cooking is 6.5 or to get rid of manila completely. usually newer versions of everything else is available in cabs.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Well I mean, some people have put "final" on their versions of roms when this new stuff is coming out.

I don't know. After a year, I'm still a big idiot when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks for the replies.
I can almost guarantee you that anything you find on a custom ROM, even a "final" version, is newer that whats on the latest stock ROM. Reason being is that those stock ROMs go through months of testing to make sure it's "consumer ready" - i.e. safe for the average cellphone user to use w/o too much trouble (which is why it takes them so long to release one). So by the time it comes out, there's newer stuff out there from MS/HTC/etc. For the Chefs on here, WE'RE they're test bed, so they can get us the latest and greatest stuff (or at least close to it) without all the months of testing. Not to mention, even the least tech savvy person on here is more tech savvy than the average cellphone user, so we're a bit more willing to put up w/ minor glitches etc and provide feedback to the guys developing the ROMs so they can make improvements.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro