PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Page Plus (VZW)

jcrojas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS for Alltel Touch Pro on Page Plus Cellular

Ok, I don't want to get flamed and told to "search", I've spent well over 10 hours looking and I'm done... I've looked on PPCGeeks, I've looked on xda-developers, and I've looked on Howard Forums and I still haven't found a solution that works.

I've got $10 Paypal (I'll send an extra $2 to cover Paypal fees) to the first person that can give me complete instructions or a CAB that will get my MMS working on my Alltel Touch Pro phone on Page Plus Cellular.

Yes, I have money in the account to cover text messaging fees. Calls and texts work (though the texting is occasionally giving me an error message, but still sends).

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MMS for Alltel Touch Pro on Page Plus Cellular

i just looked on HoFo and pageplus mms uses the same server settings as verizon. So, all you need to do is change the arcsoft server settings (see below) on your phone from alltel to verizon and it will work. Oh...and you have to have data working in case you didn't know. you also have to make sure MMS is enabled on your acct. Call them to have it enabled. Send me an instant message or PM if you need more help.

Gateway:leave blank
Port number:80
server address:http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
connect via: the internet

Last edited by razorloves; 10-09-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jcrojas is a n00b

And for the username and password?

I just tried and it gave me the message "Your username or password is wrong. To check your connection settings...."

I'm using my 10-digit phone number as my username and "vzw" as the password (no quotes, of course).
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrojas View Post
And for the username and password?

I just tried and it gave me the message "Your username or password is wrong. To check your connection settings...."

I'm using my 10-digit phone number as my username and "vzw" as the password (no quotes, of course).
username and password has nothing to do with the mms settings. that is for your data connection. you have to have a working data connection for the mms to work. so, I'm guessing from what you're saying that you can't surf the internet and stuff on your phone?

Last edited by razorloves; 10-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jcrojas is a n00b

No, the Internet isn't working either. It's asking me for the username and password. The customer service is absolutely clueless (when you can finally speak to someone after staying on hold for 30+ minutes) , so I'm hoping someone else can help me out.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
No, the Internet isn't working either. It's asking me for the username and password. The customer service is absolutely clueless (when you can finally speak to someone after staying on hold for 30+ minutes) , so I'm hoping someone else can help me out.
there's all kinds of good info on howard forums that will help you out.
Here's the whole section for people on page plus cellular
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=364

and just doing a quick advanced search in titles in that section, you can find specific threads to help you. here's a couple but there is several more.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...highlight=data
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...highlight=data

So, you have to concentrate on getting your data to work, then you can work on mms after that.

Sorry I don't have more time to help you out. I would like to, but i'm to busy right now. If you catch me this weekend I might be able to walk you through it to try to get you up and running.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jcrojas is a n00b

If this points me in the right direction and gets this working, I'll be very thankful and you get the $10 prize. I know it's not much, but hey, at least it'll buy you lunch.

Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jcrojas is a n00b

The data connection isn't working. It's asking for username and password. Does anyone have any idea with it could be? I've tried my phone number as the username and i've tried phonenumber@vzw3g.com as the username. For the password, I've used vzw each time.... not working.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
The data connection isn't working. It's asking for username and password. Does anyone have any idea with it could be? I've tried my phone number as the username and i've tried phonenumber@vzw3g.com as the username. For the password, I've used vzw each time.... not working.
one of the links I gave you above has a bunch of EPST settings that your phone should be set at. Did you double check all of them to see if they matched your settings? Don't forget to write down what your current settings are before you go changing them. That way you can put them back if you need to.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jcrojas is a n00b

OK, I've tried EVERYTHING I can think to try and still can't get my data working on Page Plus on my Alltel Touch Pro. I've QPST'd and EPST'd and DMR'd and FUBAR'd everything I can think to do on this damn phone and it still gives me the following message when I try to connect to the Internet or get an MMS on it...

Dialing: #777....

Then I get:
Dialed: #777
Your username or password is wrong. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings....

WTF?????? Can someone that has a Verizon Touch Pro on Page Plus with working Data and MMS PLEASE help me out??????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro