PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MetroPCS Internet and MMS Works but not email? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89596)

bribriluv 10-08-2009 09:10 PM

MetroPCS Internet and MMS Works but not email?

Hey everyone!!!

I'm having hard time trying to figure out why my aim and email on my touch pro will not use my metropcs internet connection but it will work on my wifi connection . I keep getting a message saying Error Syncronizing and Connection Error

I recently flashed my phone to metro and i have Full Web ,and MMS, GPS, Youtube. But no Email and Aim. it's very weird!

Would someone help me please?

Thanx!

difrent7 10-08-2009 09:15 PM

Re: MetroPCS Internet and MMS Works but not email?

I use Emoze it pushes email and for aim i use beejive and it works

bribriluv 10-08-2009 09:20 PM

O okay sounds good,

where do i find those apps ...can i just google them and find it ?

Okay do they sometimes lag because the touch pro is already slow lol

difrent7 10-08-2009 11:32 PM

Ya just google them you will find them both. Hmm are you running a custom rom i have no lag with my TP just the internet isnt fast cuz metro isnt fast in general.

jamaican_sole 10-09-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bribriluv (Post 1224064)
Hey everyone!!!

I'm having hard time trying to figure out why my aim and email on my touch pro will not use my metropcs internet connection but it will work on my wifi connection . I keep getting a message saying Error Syncronizing and Connection Error

I recently flashed my phone to metro and i have Full Web ,and MMS, GPS, Youtube. But no Email and Aim. it's very weird!

Would someone help me please?

Thanx!

actually i had this same exact problem for a little while, turned out that the email was trying to connect using the wrong settings. good news is that it's easy to fix. press on the envelope to enter your email. from your inbox at the bottom of the screen select menu>tools>option. select the account in question and the choose "edit account setup" press next all the way up to the screen that says "outgoing (smtp) mail server". look at the bottom and click on "advanced server settings" once in there you will have to select the metropcs connection. save all the settings and now your email will use the same connection that your internet and mms is using.

this only happens to me when i have to manually set up and email account on my phone. if the settings are saved in the phone (hotmail) i never have to that.

dont forget to hit the thanks button

jamaican_sole 10-09-2009 06:10 AM

and you don't have to use any outside apps...

pimpsuprazx 10-11-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamaican_sole (Post 1224662)
and you don't have to use any outside apps...

so true, email works just fine on my phone as well.

domrep2000 11-07-2009 05:31 AM

OK I'm using a custom rom it worked before....but now it stop working my hotmail messenger.....beejive don't work either everything is set correctly what should i do i need my hot mail my setting are the same for the connections..its got me really pissed oh and my aol works in coming mail but when i try to send it says check network coverage is correct and your account information is correct whats that mean i got a good signal....i everything is configured rite on my account pls help somebody......:scratch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1229523)
so true, email works just fine on my phone as well.

pimpsuprazx 11-07-2009 10:00 AM

what error is your hotmail email giving when it tries to synchronize?

Late85js 11-08-2009 12:01 AM

Thanks for the setup, jamaican_sole. I was about give up!