PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

kris510 10-08-2009 08:04 PM

Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just saw this and thought I'd share it:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577243

Course, I haven't tried it..since I already purchased my Touch Pro 2(GRR!).

Good luck!

DirkDiggler 10-08-2009 08:08 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris510 (Post 1223916)
Just saw this and thought I'd share it:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577243

Course, I haven't tried it..since I already purchased my Touch Pro 2(GRR!).

Good luck!

Thanks...but already posted in another thread!

shark1987 10-08-2009 08:27 PM

yea, i talked to sprint about mine over webchat and they just told me to call asurion and that they would only replace it with the same, or compatible phone.

iviyth0s 10-08-2009 08:27 PM

Cool story Bro!! (it was indeed posted in another thread though, I'm sure this will spread the news faster though)

brownhornet 10-08-2009 08:33 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm

xgirlxy 10-08-2009 08:52 PM

Ut oh... I think my tp is broken... LOL LOL LOLLOLLOLLOL

ElAguila 10-08-2009 09:49 PM

While this sounds good at first for me, I have to ask if anyone knows if the battery and charger from the TP will work with the TP2. I have recently invested in an extended battery and case for the TP and I would hate to have rendered useless. I have been having keyboard problems and was getting ready to get my TP replaced.

dibara2003 10-08-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAguila (Post 1224114)
While this sounds good at first for me, I have to ask if anyone knows if the battery and charger from the TP will work with the TP2. I have recently invested in an extended battery and case for the TP and I would hate to have rendered useless. I have been having keyboard problems and was getting ready to get my TP replaced.

The charger, assuming you don't have a dock/battery charger combo, is compatible. Unfortunately, the battery isn't.

SporkLover 10-08-2009 10:14 PM

Is this in store only? I really hate my repair center, and my keyboard is dying/out again.....

Scientific 10-08-2009 10:23 PM

I'm guessing it's only in store...the memo is for ASCs which stands for Authorized Service Center. I've seen a few posts where people have called sprint and they had no idea what they were talking about...good luck!

InvincibleLiving 10-08-2009 10:27 PM

If this is true, then i'm thoroughly confused... my wife has a mogul and they are still only replacing THEM with refurbs and not TP's... how in the heck are TP's already being changed out for TP2's?!?!

SporkLover 10-08-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving (Post 1224176)
If this is true, then i'm thoroughly confused... my wife has a mogul and they are still only replacing THEM with refurbs and not TP's... how in the heck are TP's already being changed out for TP2's?!?!

I would guess that it has to do with the replacement rate. Sprint did say the TP was twice as high as any smartphone

iviyth0s 10-08-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 1224190)
I would guess that it has to do with the replacement rate. Sprint did say the TP was twice as high as any smartphone

gotta be proud :D

kimogent 10-09-2009 12:00 AM

lol:)

ElAguila 10-09-2009 12:04 AM

I can't believe they are still giving out refurb moguls. On my last replacement asurion said they were no longer giving out moguls and replaced it with a TP.

strra 10-09-2009 12:23 AM

i'm not going to believe it until someone confirms that they were able to get a TP2. so far, that picture is the only thing we're going on

Lord Delmar 10-09-2009 12:55 AM

I was the one that originally posted the picture and I can verify that I took a print of it into the store, the tech said she was aware of the issue and offered me one of several different replacements. I chose the touch pro 2. I will be happy to post pics of my touch pro and then touch pro 2 on monday when it arrives for proof.

Will also give my phone number to anyone who wants to talk to me about it. (over IM of course)

hypeo 10-09-2009 02:19 AM

I can attest to this as well.. I just got my replacement TP2 because of 5 TP1 failures.

HTCotta 10-09-2009 02:31 AM

Just went to the store tonight with this memo printed out, got a tp2 no questions asked!

ElAguila 10-09-2009 02:47 AM

So people have verified that the store is replacing with a TP2 but the online is replacing with a TP. Does anyone know what asurion is doing? I tried using the online advance exchange but I think they are having problems with it. It asks for my phone number and then my account pin. When I put that information in, I get the same page again except at the top in red it says Error: Invalid Sku

RidleyJ329 10-09-2009 03:04 AM

i just checked sprint advance exchange online tonight with no luck. maybe ill give this a shot. good luck to anyone else

ibleedbloo 10-09-2009 03:42 AM

What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?

wampuscat 10-09-2009 06:16 AM

i can say u can get differing results from asurion site and sprint advanced exchange,6 mo ago i lost my apache and was using advanced exchange.it shoeed only a replacement apache.i then went to asurion site and they had apache or touch pro.so maybe someone try that

Sporkman 10-09-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedbloo (Post 1224620)
What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?

search the board

bjtech 10-09-2009 07:12 AM

I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.

wooten409 10-09-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 1224553)
I can attest to this as well.. I just got my replacement TP2 because of 5 TP1 failures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Delmar (Post 1224438)
I was the one that originally posted the picture and I can verify that I took a print of it into the store, the tech said she was aware of the issue and offered me one of several different replacements. I chose the touch pro 2. I will be happy to post pics of my touch pro and then touch pro 2 on monday when it arrives for proof.

Will also give my phone number to anyone who wants to talk to me about it. (over IM of course)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1224567)
Just went to the store tonight with this memo printed out, got a tp2 no questions asked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtech (Post 1224684)
I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.

Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance

bjtech 10-09-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten409 (Post 1224701)
Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance

I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.

wooten409 10-09-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtech (Post 1224743)
I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.

Yea, they gave me the option of getting the BBerry Tour also.
And I wouldnt have thought theyd have refurbs already either... UNTIL... I saw this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=refurb

But ur saying since its a whole new device altogether and not just a replacement, I should get everything. Box, Manuals, Styli,etc.. (Which would make sense)

ppclover2 10-09-2009 09:09 AM

crap i just swapped out my tp for another one cuz the keyboard stopped working!! i shoulda waited!! is there anything i can do to get a tp2 or do i have to wait until my POS tp breaks again???

vst_ace 10-09-2009 10:17 AM

Could anyone comment on the camera quality on these listed TP1 replacements? I have been quite unhappy with HTC's lack of effort in the graphics dept. I dislike the fact that there is way better hardware on way less expensive phones, and they wont even get decent software to go with the TP1 or TP2 cameras. I guess I'm mostly intrested in the Blackberry Tour's 3.2mp camera. Thanks

HTC Snap
HTC TP 2
BB Tour
BB 8330
TREO 850 Pro

Sporkman 10-09-2009 10:23 AM

im on my 11 + TP i have had so many replacement's i stopped counting

S8perman 10-09-2009 10:38 AM

Confirmed! :headbang: Mine will be here on Tuesday.

Sporkman 10-09-2009 10:53 AM

this is what i get when i try for the online replacement

Self Service Phone Replacement Tool

We apologize for the inconvenience; however, our records indicate the maximum number of allowed transactions have been previously completed for this phone. For additional options, please use www.sprint.com/storelocator to find the closest Sprint Phone Repair Center.

S8perman 10-09-2009 10:56 AM

I got the same thing. So I called...told them about the problems and the 3 replacements I’ve had (all while being nice)...waited on hold for about 8 minutes..and when she came back she offered me the TP2 free of charge...plus a $75 dollar credit...but I had to renew my contract.

Sporkman 10-09-2009 11:02 AM

my contract is not up till 2010 hmm

S8perman 10-09-2009 11:13 AM

Still worth the try...

wphend00 10-09-2009 11:16 AM

OK, so here is what I get, when I do the online tool...

[MOD EDIT]: Removed personal info
:)
WILLIAM xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx,KY 40511
(xxx)xxx-xxx Model Name REC UTSTAR PPC6850 SNG
MSN/ESN xxx
[/MOD EDIT]

Your Sprint account will be billed $119.00 plus applicable taxes for this Phone Replacement request.

Our records indicate your phone is enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection or Equipment Replacement Program, which covers incident of damage. If you prefer to process an insurance claim, which requires a deductible, please Click Here to submit your claim request or call Asurion directly at 1-800-584-3666 to complete the claim request for a replacement phone.

If you’ve had your Sprint phone for at least a year, you may qualify for a discount on a new phone. Click Here, to shop our great selection of phones to see the discount for which you may qualify.

Where do I go from there? They will charge me $119.00 which I don't mind, if it is for a TP2...

Sporkman 10-09-2009 11:19 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nope its a touch pro Refurb

S8perman 10-09-2009 11:20 AM

You won't get charged if you have the equipment protection.

Sporkman 10-09-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S8perman (Post 1225011)
Still worth the try...

ok so who do i call ? local repair shop what ?