PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

so i've recently started missing my dabbling in the winmo world so i reactivated my old tp.... it was running like dog crap and as usual the keyboard was cutting out so i turned the claim in to asurion. as info, currently they have refurb'd 6850's in stock so here i am with a less than mediocre device that looks brand new and still runs like crap. i'm starting to wonder why i was even missing this damn thing. my tour runs sooooo much smoother. i do have a question though, being that this thing is under warranty with asurion does that mean that a sprint store won't have anything to do with it now? it's obviously an asurion refurb with that gaudy sticker under the battery.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

akmzero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
i do have a question though, being that this thing is under warranty with asurion does that mean that a sprint store won't have anything to do with it now? it's obviously an asurion refurb with that gaudy sticker under the battery.
I work in a SR center for Sprint, and once we see that its a asurion phone we can't touch it. All we can do is software work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ricerony is a n00b

i took my asurion replacement phone in right after i got it because i couldn't hear a dial tone or anything. Makes you wonder what they actually recondition and how they test it before it goes out...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i would assume they don't. they just slap together parts and hard reset and out they go!

OR they're told to "overlook" all the problems/issues they find.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

ok that wasn't so bad.... asurion sent me a tp1 last week and the keyboard started glitching out on me.... initially he was gonna send me another tp1 refurb but then was like "well, to make your customer experience a little better i'll go ahead and upgrade you to a touch pro2". SCORE!

unfortunately last week i picked up a tp2 off craigslist that was reported lost/stolen... don't ask, i'm still a little pissed about it

Mod Edit: If you want to sell a device please use the Bargain Trader Section.

Last edited by Carla; 08-18-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Removed Sales References
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

now that's a bummer dude... so does that 'stolen' TP2 have a bad esn?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

My GF's TP had a burn in the screen from the inside. Called for a replacement and none could be found! The lady offered a Blackberry or a HTC snap. I said no thanx, and the nice lady stayed over for 45 minutes after her shift to make sure she found me one. She also waived the deductible for me as well. GREAT!, or so I thought...

The camera takes a weird Tye Dyed photo that leaves some to be desired.

So no TP2 for her, as a replacement...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Socrates Philosophy

I guess I'm lucky then? I got my TP1 replaced with a refurb TP2 that wasn't that great. That was replaced with a NIB TP2. I just sold my Hero and will activate my other TP1. But since it's in mint condition as well, It'll probably last another 2 years lol. By then maybe they'll swap it out for an evo????????
Old 10-27-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SurfDan5 is just getting started

Ok so after having over 15+ refurbished touch pro's Sprint finally budged and give me a BNIB Touch Pro 2. For those of you still trying for a free TP2 don't give up!! I think it's such bullshit that HTC put out such a shitty phone (TP) and never made things right for those of us that had to use it for so long.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

damn..15?? they gave up and replaced mine after 9 lol! one year ago today, to be exact.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro