PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to S8perman
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
Did you have to use your upgrade to get the TP2?

Yes i did use my upgrade. But i don't think i had to. She asked if i wanted to speak with her supervisor when i asked her about using my upgrade but i decline cause she had already offered me the TP2 for free and a $75 credit so i didn't chance it.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kcgent4u is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfoogster View Post
how many "trouble tickets" did you have? i have at least 3 repairs/occasions on record for my phone. i tried calling them yesterday and they pretty much blew me off. maybe going down there will help persuade them? the replacement i got yesterday feels like its running through mud, and thats even WITH mightyrom. im terrified to see it run the stock rom. they keyboard is holding up but it just doesnt feel right.

you wouldnt happen to remember the managers name that you spoke with would you?
I never spoke with the manager, just the tech stepped away then came back with the "Good news" bit. As far as tickets, I had the Mogul (bad keyboard) they replaced on site with a new TP. That one had a bad keyboard so they replaced it with another TP. Technically I guess just 1 or 2 tickets. I think he caved because of the new program this thread and the Howard Forums thread references and the manager approved it.
I also called *2 to see if they had the TP2 in stock and finally after 3 transfers the guy said that program is an in-store program only and the stores would have to manage the replacement. Obviously this is a YMMV.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

ymmv??

Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
ymmv??
it's short for: yo mama might vend
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

solewoman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokumon View Post
I called today to see if my repair center can place the order today because he couldn't put the order through yesterday due to OOS. I'm told that the TP2 is not an option for a replacement now?? He said that I can get the BB or the Snap, or a refurb TP. This is BS. I know that others had the same results as me, but others got the TP2. I hope Sprint didn't pull the TP2 option as a repalcement.

Those were my options yesterday as well. none of those phones even compare to a touch pro. so sprint better get they mind right or i can see a lot of people flipping out.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kcgent4u is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
ymmv??
Your Market May Vary - or at least that's what I think it means.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00
My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

OK... So it was a tough decision. I live an hour and 60 miles from where I work.
So I decided to make the plunge and head to the service center nearest to my job.
So I downloaded the latest HTC SPRINT rom, backed up my PIM data, loaded the ROM and took my phone to the service center.

I think I ran into the perfect storm.
The first lady, Rep, placed my name in the queue. There was about 10-15 people already in the Sprint store which meant that it was CROWDED. ONce I was placed in the wait queue (name entered into some software that projects to a 42 inch LCD on the wall that shows the order of customers) I walked around the store slowly, to see if I could find a DEMO TP2. It was weird, because there were no DEMO TP2's or TP's, or Diamond's or Diamond 2's. I thought to myself "Strange, maybe I am screwed, maybe I won't get one because they are either out of stock, or cleaning up and out the inventory with the TP's". I asked the lady While I was waiting (15 minute wait...) where the HTC phones were, specifically the TP and Diamond, and she said that they were discontinued and that they were selling TP2's but only on a pe order basis. She then explained to me that they only had a DEMO model in the store and that it was nice and that she would let me see it, while they were working on my phone (BTW MY phone complaints were legit... "Dropped calls, in and out sound in calls via the handset and the headset, Rainbow square on screen, chipped chrome).

I said perfect storm, because there was this lady in front of me, better yet, she was 2 or 3 folks ahead of me (via the onscreen queue), who was flat out GOING OFF... over some stupid phone she had gotten from Sprint over a year ago, broken it, gotten a replacement, broken it, and now was trying to get a nicer phone without extending her contract. She was going BONKERS... Straight GANGSTA, WHACK, GHETTO, HILLBILLY, REDNECK, BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS, SUGARPLUM FAIRY, THREE SNAPS & A CIRCLE, or as Mr. Brown on Meet the Browns says "NASTEEE, just plain nasteee" on one of the REPS. I don't know what Ghetto or Trailerpark is to those of Asian, hispanic, or what they call it in UK (I guess making a ROW or fuss), but it was bad... It got to the point where she was shouting at the other rep with words like "I don't want no new contract, Ya'll gonna give me a new phone, and I don't want this piece of Junk you keep trying to give me... and NO I ain't paying no $179.99 for a new phone". Everybody in the store was nervous and looking at her, while trying NOT to look at her (think Drunk and CRAZY uncle at the family picnic or reunion)hoping that she would just go away, shut up, shut down, or just be pacified. She would not, and it got to the point where the lady rep who was trying to help her was raising her voice and getting excited too... Finally the lady calmed down and accepted what ever they were trying to get her to accept. And then it was my turn...

I approached the primary service counter and explained to the lady that my phone's speaker cuts off during calls and that I had the Rainbow effect on my LCD screen, and that it gets hot, and that even when I have a headset on it, it basically does the same thing with the sound chopping in and out while during calls. I know, VERY LAME... VERY LAME....
She hands me the DEMO TP2 to play with.

Then the Lady takes my TP phone back to the Service center counter and talks to the techs... She then comes back and says:

"Just today, you are lucky, they started something new, because Sprint knows about the incredible return rate on the TP's. So they will allow you to swap the phone out with one of two other models... an HTC Snap, or a Palm Pro..."

I get a little sad as somewhere out in the world a unicorn somewhere is tossed off the side of a mountain, and a Kitten is crushed somewhere else in the world... and muster up a little resistance. In a small pleading voice, I tell the lady "but I like this one" (in regards to the TP2 in my hands). She says, "Sorry there will be no exchanges for those, we have not been authorized to do it". I say again, "but mannnnn I really like this phone, I would pay extra for it, can you please go see if there is anything we can work out".

So she heads back to the room, and talks to the tech room guy or manager...

She returns and here is what she says:
"My boss says they will do something totally off the record, but you can't tell ANYONE...
and in order to get one, he wants you to buy a BT headset, one of the more expensive headsets...like the Planitronics Discovery 975". So I quickly JUMP on it and at it... and let them do just that... They hand me aPlanitronics Discovery 975, in a Sprint bag, with an exchange receipt and tell me my TP2 will be in next Tuesday. So I am estactic to say the least. So I only paid $13x.xx and I got a BT headset, which I had been planning on buying anyway.... I feel good (Queue James Brown music)... like I knew that would-hooddddddd.

So I have been playing with the 975 for a couple of days...Its ok... but I am thinking about taking it in and trading it in for one of the cheaper multi-point headsets and a nice Motorola t505 speakerphone for "the wife".... and yes, I just got back from the Sprint Store with my (hopefully) brand spanking new TP2... even if it is a refurb... I'll take it... suckers are big though...

Stay tuned and be-cool.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
it's short for: yo mama might vend
Your mileage may vary
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman
Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
OK... So it was a tough decision. I live an hour and 60 miles from where I work.
So I decided to make the plunge and head to the service center nearest to my job.
So I downloaded the latest HTC SPRINT rom, backed up my PIM data, loaded the ROM and took my phone to the service center.

I think I ran into the perfect storm.
The first lady, Rep, placed my name in the queue. There was about 10-15 people already in the Sprint store which meant that it was CROWDED. ONce I was placed in the wait queue (name entered into some software that projects to a 42 inch LCD on the wall that shows the order of customers) I walked around the store slowly, to see if I could find a DEMO TP2. It was weird, because there were no DEMO TP2's or TP's, or Diamond's or Diamond 2's. I thought to myself "Strange, maybe I am screwed, maybe I won't get one because they are either out of stock, or cleaning up and out the inventory with the TP's". I asked the lady While I was waiting (15 minute wait...) where the HTC phones were, specifically the TP and Diamond, and she said that they were discontinued and that they were selling TP2's but only on a pe order basis. She then explained to me that they only had a DEMO model in the store and that it was nice and that she would let me see it, while they were working on my phone (BTW MY phone complaints were legit... "Dropped calls, in and out sound in calls via the handset and the headset, Rainbow square on screen, chipped chrome).

I said perfect storm, because there was this lady in front of me, better yet, she was 2 or 3 folks ahead of me (via the onscreen queue), who was flat out GOING OFF... over some stupid phone she had gotten from Sprint over a year ago, broken it, gotten a replacement, broken it, and now was trying to get a nicer phone without extending her contract. She was going BONKERS... Straight GANGSTA, WHACK, GHETTO, HILLBILLY, REDNECK, BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS, SUGARPLUM FAIRY, THREE SNAPS & A CIRCLE, or as Mr. Brown on Meet the Browns says "NASTEEE, just plain nasteee" on one of the REPS. I don't know what Ghetto or Trailerpark is to those of Asian, hispanic, or what they call it in UK (I guess making a ROW or fuss), but it was bad... It got to the point where she was shouting at the other rep with words like "I don't want no new contract, Ya'll gonna give me a new phone, and I don't want this piece of Junk you keep trying to give me... and NO I ain't paying no $179.99 for a new phone". Everybody in the store was nervous and looking at her, while trying NOT to look at her (think Drunk and CRAZY uncle at the family picnic or reunion)hoping that she would just go away, shut up, shut down, or just be pacified. She would not, and it got to the point where the lady rep who was trying to help her was raising her voice and getting excited too... Finally the lady calmed down and accepted what ever they were trying to get her to accept. And then it was my turn...

I approached the primary service counter and explained to the lady that my phone's speaker cuts off during calls and that I had the Rainbow effect on my LCD screen, and that it gets hot, and that even when I have a headset on it, it basically does the same thing with the sound chopping in and out while during calls. I know, VERY LAME... VERY LAME....
She hands me the DEMO TP2 to play with.

Then the Lady takes my TP phone back to the Service center counter and talks to the techs... She then comes back and says:

"Just today, you are lucky, they started something new, because Sprint knows about the incredible return rate on the TP's. So they will allow you to swap the phone out with one of two other models... an HTC Snap, or a Palm Pro..."

I get a little sad as somewhere out in the world a unicorn somewhere is tossed off the side of a mountain, and a Kitten is crushed somewhere else in the world... and muster up a little resistance. In a small pleading voice, I tell the lady "but I like this one" (in regards to the TP2 in my hands). She says, "Sorry there will be no exchanges for those, we have not been authorized to do it". I say again, "but mannnnn I really like this phone, I would pay extra for it, can you please go see if there is anything we can work out".

So she heads back to the room, and talks to the tech room guy or manager...

She returns and here is what she says:
"My boss says they will do something totally off the record, but you can't tell ANYONE...
and in order to get one, he wants you to buy a BT headset, one of the more expensive headsets...like the Planitronics Discovery 975". So I quickly JUMP on it and at it... and let them do just that... They hand me aPlanitronics Discovery 975, in a Sprint bag, with an exchange receipt and tell me my TP2 will be in next Tuesday. So I am estactic to say the least. So I only paid $13x.xx and I got a BT headset, which I had been planning on buying anyway.... I feel good (Queue James Brown music)... like I knew that would-hooddddddd.

So I have been playing with the 975 for a couple of days...Its ok... but I am thinking about taking it in and trading it in for one of the cheaper multi-point headsets and a nice Motorola t505 speakerphone for "the wife".... and yes, I just got back from the Sprint Store with my (hopefully) brand spanking new TP2... even if it is a refurb... I'll take it... suckers are big though...

Stay tuned and be-cool.
By far the best post in this tread so far. +1
Old 10-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
By far the best post in this tread so far. +1
really i stopped reading after five words once i saw how long it was thats ridiculous ill be suprised by the people that have time to read that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro