PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I dont understand it. I went to 2 different sprint stores, I even call 3 other stores and they all said the same thing. They are only replacing these phones with either the snap, refurbushed tp1, or blackberry tour. They ar not replacing it with the TP2. How are you people doing this?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
I was told that it would take about 2 days. They called me the next afternoon, less than 24 hours after I'd been in the store and said it was ready for pickup.

i see so I am thinking I could call a few stores and check for stock, then maybe call my store and say, hey the Bluebell store has two instock... blah blah. He seemed willing to work with me on this.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
I just went into the store and said I was having the overheating problems, where the phone would get hot and stop charging.

They believed me and ordered a TP2 for me. Have it in my grubby little fingers as we speak!
I usually don't care and I am definitely not the morality police but I know there are probably more than a few people here with real issues having no luck getting a tp2 while you fake an overheating issue and get one. I wish I believed in karma but its pure bs....lol. Also, maybe I'm just annoyed but did you have to have four different posts in a row? Couldn't they have all been one?
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by skeptikal; 10-21-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JokerGirl is a n00b

This is such crap.

I just went back into the store because they said my phone was in. I get there, and it's just a refurb TP1. I had legitimate problems with my phone. The keyboard stopped working, and the thing would overheat and lock up.
I pitched a fit, even talked to the manager who insisted that they couldn't even downgrade me to a different phone. He was rude to me. So, just to get out of there with at least a pseudo-working phone, I took the refurb.

Just got off the phone with customer service. The girl was really nice, and was going to offer me a credit and some other things. She then states she's going to transfer me to a manager too.

The manager on the phone was rude to me as well, and had the nerve after it all to ask if they have more or less resolved the issue at hand. I told him no, and hung up.

This refurb is already getting stupid hot, and the space bar on the keyboard is all punched in on one side.

At this point, I really am about to cancel, and move to AT&T. As a "premier" customer, and having had this line for 11 years, I'd expect to be getting better service than this.

Since I took the stupid refurb, I'm not even sure if I could claim it on Asurion. I'm more than angry.

Last edited by JokerGirl; 10-21-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Almost a VIP

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff

What is with you people? These phones run hot. Period! End of discussion. That does not mean that its defective! This is normal for these phones. Running "hot" and freezing is not a reason for a replacement. If your keyboard or screen stop working, or you're dropping calls that were not dropped before, those are reasons for replacement.

Last edited by rose1; 10-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
What is with you people? These phones run hot. Period! End of discussion. That does not mean that its defective! This is normal for these phones. Running "hot" and freezing is not a reason for a replacement. If your keyboard or screen stop working, or you're dropping calls that were not dropped before, those are reasons for replacement.
Sprint advertises NFL Mobile. I can listen to my team on Sunday. I plug in my TP and start the game. During the 1st quarter it stops charging and by the 2nd it is dead. I can't get the game back on because I can't charge it while it is hot. By the time it charges to 10% battery I start the game back up and by halftime it is dead again.

I am going on a business call a hour away. I plug in my TP and turn on GPS. I get half way and it stops charging. By the time I get there and unplug it there is 10% battery left. I had to make a phone call and due to not enough battery left my phone turns off in the middle of the convo.

I am in bed and decide to watch some TV on Sprint TV. I plug it in and start watching. Soon it gets hot and stops charging. It gets so hot I can't hold it and set it on my bed. Not only is my bed hot now my battery dies. I can't watch any more TV.

How am I suppose to take full advantage of my phone when the phone over heats and stops charging. I think sprint should upgrade people who have an over heating problem.

Edit: I also paid $600 for this phone since I couldn't use my upgrade. For $600 they shouldn't have gone cheap on anything in the phone.

Last edited by rushco; 10-21-2009 at 07:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Why wouldn't a $300 phone freezing up not be a good enough reason to have a phone replaced? I don't know about you but I don't see that as acceptable for a flagship device for a phone service.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Everyone needs to calm down.

The world is not going to end because your phone gets hot and you cant get yourself a Touch Pro 2.

Geez, take a breathier and friggen WAIT!

This is what I do when my phone starts to get hot, I take off the damn battery cover. and face the battery up and talk on my BT or my headset WHILE it is charging and no overheating.

Calm the frick down!

I <3 Android
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Sprint advertises NFL Mobile. I can listen to my team on Sunday. I plug in my TP and start the game. During the 1st quarter it stops charging and by the 2nd it is dead. I can't get the game back on because I can't charge it while it is hot. By the time it charges to 10% battery I start the game back up and by halftime it is dead again.

I am going on a business call a hour away. I plug in my TP and turn on GPS. I get half way and it stops charging. By the time I get there and unplug it there is 10% battery left. I had to make a phone call and due to not enough battery left my phone turns off in the middle of the convo.

I am in bed and decide to watch some TV on Sprint TV. I plug it in and start watching. Soon it gets hot and stops charging. It gets so hot I can't hold it and set it on my bed. Not only is my bed hot now my battery dies. I can't watch any more TV.

How am I suppose to take full advantage of my phone when the phone over heats and stops charging. I think sprint should upgrade people who have an over heating problem.

Edit: I also paid $600 for this phone since I couldn't use my upgrade. For $600 they shouldn't have gone cheap on anything in the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosen34 View Post
Why wouldn't a $300 phone freezing up not be a good enough reason to have a phone replaced? I don't know about you but I don't see that as acceptable for a flagship device for a phone service.
Now that I think of it, I can see why you guys want this phone replaced. I don't use the phone as much as others do so I take my comment back.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Remember folks -

UPGRADING is not getting a phone for free.

UPGRADING is when you sign a 1 or 2 yr contact and PAY for a new phone.

Next time please use "I think Sprint should "replace" out defective Touch Pro 1s with a Touch Pro 2"

No wonder why I sort of got frustrated with customers who thought they "knew" the system. They would walk into my old workplace [70% service and repair customers] and say I want you to UPGRADE me to so and so phone. I say OKAY and get out the upgrade paperwork and ask them if they are eligible for an upgrade. They get pissed when I tell them upgrade is when you sign a new contract and pay for a phone. We dont give free upgrades. Ohhh you want to get your phone REPLACED through TEP or ESRP? Yaaahh I can help you with that sir or ma'am.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro