PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I am in MN, and took my TP in for overheating and not charging. All I was offered for replacement options was: refurb TP, Treo Pro, HTC Snap, Blackberry...

Boo....
Old 10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
I am in MN, and took my TP in for overheating and not charging. All I was offered for replacement options was: refurb TP, Treo Pro, HTC Snap, Blackberry...

Boo....
If you take one of the above mentioned replacement phones, do you still have 30 days to return to a refurb TP1? Or are you off the TP for good?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

good question. All of those phonse are a step down from the TP. If I accept one of those and it stops working are they going to offer me something a step down from there too?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Boo....

I am in MN too....Where did you go? I got a new TP1 for my broken TP1...
But did say if he could do it he would....so he said to wait until it all dies down..and they are in stock

I basically told him I would take the TP1 and if the TP2 is offered he would switch me...

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|

Last edited by cmgj; 10-19-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
If you take one of the above mentioned replacement phones, do you still have 30 days to return to a refurb TP1? Or are you off the TP for good?
Once you switch, there's no going back; at least 99% of the time. Of course, if the people at your store are cool, rules can always be bent.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

solewoman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
Once you switch, there's no going back; at least 99% of the time. Of course, if the people at your store are cool, rules can always be bent.

im quite sure if you get a refurb tp1 and it starts acting dumb again you will be able to exchange it out
Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by solewoman View Post
im quite sure if you get a refurb tp1 and it starts acting dumb again you will be able to exchange it out
yea, i was told they can't swap you out for a different phone, and then a month later switch you back to the TP2 because it was available.

Thought this morning I talked to my store and I talked to the manager and this is what he thinks. that the sales on the TP2 weren't great so they are going to discontinue it because they have "tarnished" the name of TouchPro on sprint after the original had so many problems. So he said he thinks that they won't be getting any refurbs in at all, except for the people who already have them that will bring them back...

Don't believe him at all, I think they're just trying to get me to switch now, so I won't get the TP2, maybe higher ups have told store managers to get people onto the other replacements now, and later they'll finally say they have TP2 refurbs again after majority has already swtiched therefore not able to get the TP2.

I don't think the people in store have any idea about this TP2 inventory problem. They're guessing just as much as us probably.

Either way, I'm probably just gonna wait it out, maybe just get another TP1 in the meantime. We'll see.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
good question. All of those phonse are a step down from the TP. If I accept one of those and it stops working are they going to offer me something a step down from there too?
My thought was more what if I got the Treo Pro and then decided I really didn't like it. Could I go back to the Touch Pro...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
My thought was more what if I got the Treo Pro and then decided I really didn't like it. Could I go back to the Touch Pro...
In that scenario, you can't do that. You options are to take a different model and be happy with it, or to take a TP. If the replacement TP dies, you'll be eligible to switch phones.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, HTC Mogul

khalaan is just getting started

cmajewski,
I can say that I liked the form factor of the treo pro better, but I like the large vivid screen of the touch pro more. The treo pro, at least for me, comaed regularly... something worth considering when thinking about switching devices

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro