PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

99accordv6 10-13-2009 05:17 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1235115)
Was supposed to have the TP2 shipped to the repair store by today but when I went in I guess they didn't order it correctly when I went in on Saturday. Now there's none available and they said it might be a week. Hopefully it only takes a week but maybe they'll start giving out NIB TP2 instead of Refurbs if the wait list is too long. Doesn't matter to me, a refurb TP2 is still better than my broken TP1

They have been on backorder since Thurs/Fri

By Saturday they were fresh out.

Scoob 10-13-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wphend00 (Post 1235223)
Never mind
##778#
Says it isn't a refurb...
Thanks to all who read my story...

I thanked ya for it.
I kept thinking of that youtube about unicorns and candy mountain or something like that...

BTW- my TP doenst have anything wrong with it so when you are tired of yours, you can ship it to me:)

yep slow day at the office...

abdeviation 10-13-2009 05:52 PM

how are they ordering you TP2s?? I am always getting the run around "They're out of stock" grrr

Boo Boo 10-13-2009 05:53 PM

mine was ordered sunday picked it up today, brand new in box tp2

dhrp

jayweezie21 10-13-2009 05:59 PM

got the call at 3pm my tp2 is waiting for me at sprint...will give an update on a refurb and such when i get back. flashing back to stock and relocking now =)

tweak812 10-13-2009 06:01 PM

Took my brothers tp to get it replaced because the phone thinks there is a headset plugged in at all times and will not produce any sound in conversation. Take it to sprint, they take it apart to take a look at it, say it has corrosion on it and water damage. Even though both of the water indicator strips are still flawless. Red flagged the account so now it can only be replaced by insurance. Is this just a bunch of b.s.?

Also at the same time there was a lady in there with her son and he was on his 3rd tp in 3 days! She had paid full retail for it a couple months ago and wanted a phone that works! All they would keep offering her is a bb tour or palm treo pro. I told her about tp2 upgrade but she didn't really understand what i was telling her and her son was getting embarrased, they ended up sending her to the other side of town for them to deal with her. Why they didn't order her a new one I am not sure, but I will not be going there anymore to that repair center.

But anybody have any thoughts on the b.s. condensation issue? Can they really void any warranties if the water strips haven't been tripped?

Avareyne 10-13-2009 06:03 PM

I don't know how all of you are finding success with this. I tried e-chat, no luck, email, no luck.... then I called and talked with them forever. They offered me the Curve, the Tour, and the Treo Pro. I wouldn't mind the Tour except for a plan change. NO! I am sick of this friggin phone and just plan to sell it when I cave and can get an iPhone. My boyfriend has one and if we go to look something up he can do it in seconds and I'll be waiting. Look up a phone number and he will have it before my sprint nav is even logged in. I have full signal strength and 3G, the speed tests are fine, I don't get it. WTF? I am getting dropped calls all the time which NEVER happened with my 1st defective one and this is a recent issue resolved by resetting but it reoccurs. For a time I couldn't even make any calls without getting an invalid error on numbers I have called hundreds of times. The GPS chip is all effed up, cmon, I have had to make so many U turns it isn't even funny. Voice mail announcements, forget it. I pretty much never get them. I will wonder what is going on and check it to find I have 20 gdamn voicemails. They gave me a new one specifically over the phone when I did my last advanced exchange. I am sick and tired of this phone and Sprint. My plan rate won't change with me added to my boyfriends phone, I'll even save $5. I'm glad you have all had so much luck getting a comparable model but I am done.

No, it's not unlocked, it has the standard updated Sprint ROM. I have 2 apps installed, SPB mobile shell and SPB brain evolution. I don't think they have anything to do with this since I didn't have them until a few days ago.:disgust:

by the way, I did explain to them that I couldn't make it to the store. I am disabled. They don't care.

Cyorke 10-13-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facemob (Post 1234998)
at leaast we can still get the BB tour yah!!!!

yeah but then you have to pay for the BB service. I am on a SWAC plan and pay 20.00 a month plus TEP. ON a WM device I get unlimited data, text, bla blah blah. so for me to get a tour I then have to double the cost of my plan so I can get the same services except on a BB. Seems pretty ignorant for someone in my position. If you are already on an Everything Plan then it is no big deal or a SERO plan that you can getthe BB added for no charge.

hyakku 10-13-2009 06:11 PM

After going to the store today they could NOT fix it with the new keyboard, tried to offer me a new touch pro and I refused, then brought up the memo once again. This time they recognized its legitimacy (what a surprise!) but then claimed that the TP 2 wasn't ever an option, at which point I knew they were trying to give me the work around. Tried all the other phones up there told them my individual problem (not paying for a tour plan though I would love it, treo pro isn't nearly the same, snap - touch screen, no one note, etc, curve -another bb), and so they basically told me I was just ****ed. Got MY touch pro back and am considering trying some other stores before trying to use some people I know to get this in the media. Sprint doing this has pissed me off since my Mogul and this time I'm not gonna bother wasting the amount of time it took me to get my Touch pro last time. I've already sent an email to some of the higher ups at Sprint I've had success speaking with, but after that I have already informed them I will be attempting to make this public and if possible could probably use some people's (like the previous posters) input if they have legitimate concerns.

milocas 10-13-2009 06:53 PM

Well, my center button doesn't work anymore..=(
Should i take it in to have them replace it or what?