PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

at leaast we can still get the BB tour yah!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

So are they going to send out the TP as a replacement? I was told that I had to choose a different phone and will not take a BB nor will I take a lesser phone just because Sprint has now changed their minds. I have to have a replacement phone as my radio is going out. Any suggestions? Better luck at my local store or phone? Besides what are we paying for insurance every month for if we can not get our phones fixed or replaced with comparable modle phones?

Last edited by mrfett79; 10-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostars9 View Post
Well that sucks.. and my touch pro is busted (Screen orientation sensor is whacky and the screen changes directions on its own). I guess I'll wait another day or so to see if this is true before doing the advanced exchange online for another crappy touch pro
Funny. I had the same problem with my 2nd TP.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
really i stopped reading after five words once i saw how long it was thats ridiculous ill be suprised by the people that have time to read that
I read the whole thing, I like that part about unicorns..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokumon View Post
This is why I was saying that it's stupid for people to bring in a print out of the screen cap of the internal memo. It's like when you call in to confirma a price mistake, you kill the deal. Same concept. I guess there will always be someone that does something to kill it for everyone. I guess no TP2 for me

Bullshiyy that sounds like a little pssy talking because where im from you bring it and you bring it ruff just dont forget sprints the one fking you not the other way around we are for the people and by the people here!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I read the whole thing, I like that part about unicorns..
for the record i justed thanked you
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Just a thought here but does anyone think that the TP2 option has been yanked because there just are not enough refurbs out there? I would be worried if there were that many refurbs already considering that the phone was just released at the beginning of the month. Perhaps it will become an option again after the phone has been out for a while longer. Remember the replacement is supposed to be a refurb and not NIP. Any thoughts?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

I don't see what the big deal is. This was a call made by Sprint to do the replacements. I do understand greed kills it for the legit problems.

I guess my main issue is people who complain or are concerened about getting a refurbished TP2 and are getting upgraded from a TP1.

That's like traiding in a 2007 Chevy Cavalier and upset that the dealer is giving you a 2008 slighly used Mercedes at no extra cost to you beacause they realize your issue or concern with your last purchase from them!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfett79 View Post
Just a thought here but does anyone think that the TP2 option has been yanked because there just are not enough refurbs out there? I would be worried if there were that many refurbs already considering that the phone was just released at the beginning of the month. Perhaps it will become an option again after the phone has been out for a while longer. Remember the replacement is supposed to be a refurb and not NIP. Any thoughts?

I tend to agree. There is no system in place for a waiting list. They have probably taken the TP2 off the list temporarily until stock is replenished. Whish I hope is quick but from the looks of this and the other 17 threads on this subject it aint looking good. I was thinking I would be patient but I'm about to put a hard press on ts for a new one and if that doesn't work I think i'ma test drive a hero for 30 days and see where the samsung moment ends up on my want-list...
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by skeptikal; 10-13-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Was supposed to have the TP2 shipped to the repair store by today but when I went in I guess they didn't order it correctly when I went in on Saturday. Now there's none available and they said it might be a week. Hopefully it only takes a week but maybe they'll start giving out NIB TP2 instead of Refurbs if the wait list is too long. Doesn't matter to me, a refurb TP2 is still better than my broken TP1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro