PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

facemob 10-13-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

at leaast we can still get the BB tour yah!!!!

mrfett79 10-13-2009 03:56 PM

So are they going to send out the TP as a replacement? I was told that I had to choose a different phone and will not take a BB nor will I take a lesser phone just because Sprint has now changed their minds. I have to have a replacement phone as my radio is going out. Any suggestions? Better luck at my local store or phone? Besides what are we paying for insurance every month for if we can not get our phones fixed or replaced with comparable modle phones?

S8perman 10-13-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gostars9 (Post 1234993)
Well that sucks.. and my touch pro is busted (Screen orientation sensor is whacky and the screen changes directions on its own). I guess I'll wait another day or so to see if this is true before doing the advanced exchange online for another crappy touch pro

Funny. I had the same problem with my 2nd TP.

Scoob 10-13-2009 03:59 PM

Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelator03 (Post 1234821)
really i stopped reading after five words once i saw how long it was thats ridiculous ill be suprised by the people that have time to read that

I read the whole thing, I like that part about unicorns..

popasmurfn25 10-13-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokumon (Post 1234985)
This is why I was saying that it's stupid for people to bring in a print out of the screen cap of the internal memo. It's like when you call in to confirma a price mistake, you kill the deal. Same concept. I guess there will always be someone that does something to kill it for everyone. I guess no TP2 for me :(

Bullshiyy that sounds like a little pssy talking because where im from you bring it and you bring it ruff just dont forget sprints the one fking you not the other way around we are for the people and by the people here!

Skelator03 10-13-2009 04:07 PM

Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 1235015)
I read the whole thing, I like that part about unicorns..

for the record i justed thanked you ;-)

mrfett79 10-13-2009 04:12 PM

Just a thought here but does anyone think that the TP2 option has been yanked because there just are not enough refurbs out there? I would be worried if there were that many refurbs already considering that the phone was just released at the beginning of the month. Perhaps it will become an option again after the phone has been out for a while longer. Remember the replacement is supposed to be a refurb and not NIP. Any thoughts?

Da Uniq 1 10-13-2009 04:16 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. This was a call made by Sprint to do the replacements. I do understand greed kills it for the legit problems.

I guess my main issue is people who complain or are concerened about getting a refurbished TP2 and are getting upgraded from a TP1.

That's like traiding in a 2007 Chevy Cavalier and upset that the dealer is giving you a 2008 slighly used Mercedes at no extra cost to you beacause they realize your issue or concern with your last purchase from them!

skeptikal 10-13-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfett79 (Post 1235070)
Just a thought here but does anyone think that the TP2 option has been yanked because there just are not enough refurbs out there? I would be worried if there were that many refurbs already considering that the phone was just released at the beginning of the month. Perhaps it will become an option again after the phone has been out for a while longer. Remember the replacement is supposed to be a refurb and not NIP. Any thoughts?

I tend to agree. There is no system in place for a waiting list. They have probably taken the TP2 off the list temporarily until stock is replenished. Whish I hope is quick but from the looks of this and the other 17 threads on this subject it aint looking good. I was thinking I would be patient but I'm about to put a hard press on ts for a new one and if that doesn't work I think i'ma test drive a hero for 30 days and see where the samsung moment ends up on my want-list...

one80oneday 10-13-2009 04:26 PM

Was supposed to have the TP2 shipped to the repair store by today but when I went in I guess they didn't order it correctly when I went in on Saturday. Now there's none available and they said it might be a week. Hopefully it only takes a week but maybe they'll start giving out NIB TP2 instead of Refurbs if the wait list is too long. Doesn't matter to me, a refurb TP2 is still better than my broken TP1