PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

S8perman 10-13-2009 03:01 PM

Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelator03 (Post 1234821)
really i stopped reading after five words once i saw how long it was thats ridiculous ill be suprised by the people that have time to read that

Well worth the read.

cmajewsk 10-13-2009 03:01 PM

Re: My LONG, WEIRD "HOPEFULLY FUNNY" STORY....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelator03 (Post 1234821)
really i stopped reading after five words once i saw how long it was thats ridiculous ill be suprised by the people that have time to read that

Yeah me too. I'd only read that long of a post if I was at work. :mrgreen:

Da Uniq 1 10-13-2009 03:03 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

That buying a blutooth headset truly isn't a requirement. It's something Sprint is doing to boost sales that's all. In my post in this thread, the guy told me the same thing. He didn't say it had to be one of the expensive models tho.

He asked if I migh be looking for a bloothoth. I actually was in the markent for a new one.

Thats when he hit me with the "if I buy a BT" blah blah blah.

I bought it. I didn't like it, and I returned it 2 dayw later.

Needless to say, it didn't effect ordering my TP2.

And BTW, this was a Fri night when I went bought the BT. I returned it Sun night. And my order for TP2 hadn't been placed yet. They order on Mondays if it's a weekend.

That's when I got the other TP2's on my account (and the Hero for a Diamond( swapped out and ordered.

facemob 10-13-2009 03:04 PM

thanks for the ymmv answers

BruceBanner 10-13-2009 03:09 PM

i read it.....i was gonna buy the hero....but i think im just gonna wait til my touch pro ****s out on me again and just take whatever they give me for free as long as its not a touch pro, i wouldnt mind the bb tour. but after i get the replacement, i will use my upgrade and get the hero.

kabuk1 10-13-2009 03:22 PM

Has anyone had any success getting a TP2 in any stores in the oklahoma city area? My phone is actually starting to crap out & I need to exchange it anyway, if I could get a TP2 I'd be thrilled.

wjrandon 10-13-2009 03:42 PM

I was told over the phone from my local corporate owned Sprint store today that the company has discontinued the option of upgrading Touch Pro customers to the Touch Pro 2 because of the high number of returns due to the memo being leaked over the internet. Greed may have blown it for everyone with chronic legitimate problems.

facemob 10-13-2009 03:43 PM

wow failed

pokumon 10-13-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjrandon (Post 1234967)
I was told over the phone from my local corporate owned Sprint store today that the company has discontinued the option of upgrading Touch Pro customers to the Touch Pro 2 because of the high number of returns due to the memo being leaked over the internet. Greed may have blown it for everyone with chronic legitimate problems.

This is why I was saying that it's stupid for people to bring in a print out of the screen cap of the internal memo. It's like when you call in to confirma a price mistake, you kill the deal. Same concept. I guess there will always be someone that does something to kill it for everyone. I guess no TP2 for me :(

gostars9 10-13-2009 03:49 PM

Well that sucks.. and my touch pro is busted (Screen orientation sensor is whacky and the screen changes directions on its own). I guess I'll wait another day or so to see if this is true before doing the advanced exchange online for another crappy touch pro