PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

kaeslumz 04-22-2010 11:35 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

@rizo..i was given the same option..but i didnt take no as a answer and simply called asurion back and told them that i needed a windows mobile device, and the lady said hold on for a minute and said i will be receiving a tp2 in 3-5 business days..i did this yesterday and im receiving it tomorrow!

seriously if your having issue's don't take no as a answer, keep calling and trying!

onelord 04-23-2010 08:55 AM

Thats just what i did. They wanted to give me a bb but i kept calling to see if they had the tp in stock. Put me on hold and ask if i wanted to place the order now..i said O YES>....lol Mine will be hear in a few hrs...fed ex.=D>

Pao 04-23-2010 09:13 AM

This is my second TP I've had (first one replaced free when the keyboard died), but this one has been as solid as a howitzer. I mean I even sat there one night flipping it open and closed the whole night trying to get the keyboard to legitimately stop working. I'd rather it be a free problem as opposed to one I have to pay $100 to replace.

I should be happy I have a solid phone, don't get me wrong, but screen real estate is mighty enticing.

mykie 04-23-2010 10:32 AM

I don't know how any of you are able to get the TP2, I am now on my 6th Touch Pro, and Sprint is now refusing to replace any more of them, despite the fact that I have and pay for TEP! Here's the list of issues I've had with this phone:

1st: Keyboard light failed
2nd: Data connection failed
3rd: Random slowdowns/lockups/reboots
4th: Data connection failed
5th: Antenna problem, incoming calls/texts never come in
6th: Randomly powers off

The Sprint store is willing to replace my TP for a TP2 for $200. I've called Advanced Tech Support, but they're only willing to send me back to the store.

With Asurion only (currently) replacing the TP for another TP, should I pony up the $200 for the TP2, or is it still possible for me to convince Asurion to replace with the TP2?

Pao 04-23-2010 11:36 AM

From the surface, would them refusing to fix a damaged phone while you're paying TEC be a breach of contract?

Threaten to sue? :-\"

onelord 04-23-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykie (Post 1714975)
I don't know how any of you are able to get the TP2, I am now on my 6th Touch Pro, and Sprint is now refusing to replace any more of them, despite the fact that I have and pay for TEP! Here's the list of issues I've had with this phone:

1st: Keyboard light failed
2nd: Data connection failed
3rd: Random slowdowns/lockups/reboots
4th: Data connection failed
5th: Antenna problem, incoming calls/texts never come in
6th: Randomly powers off

The Sprint store is willing to replace my TP for a TP2 for $200. I've called Advanced Tech Support, but they're only willing to send me back to the store.
With Asurion only (currently) replacing the TP for another TP, should I pony up the $200 for the TP2, or is it still possible for me to convince Asurion to replace with the TP2?

Ok i had this same problem. I had 6 tp withen one yr with all kinds of probs. So i added another phone to my line for a while and i later added the tp back on. It had the small crack:-\" on the screen so i started the process with asruion. Afte so many returns your acct will be flaged even if its not your fault. The kept sending me refubs what do they expect. I had to go the back door rout.. it worked..

rizo 04-23-2010 03:07 PM

im tempted to get the hero now. ive stopped using the keyboard on my tp and wm6.5.x is pretty much dead along with who knows how well w7 will be... :???:

mykie 04-24-2010 02:29 AM

I'm sick and tired of touch pro bugginess and hardware problems, so I ponied up the $200 for a TP2. See y'all on the TP2 side!

JimSmith94 04-25-2010 02:37 PM

I finally took my Touch Pro to the Sprint store for overheating. The first time they cleaned the charger port but it didn't help. Second time they said they would order a replacement. Unfortunately all I got was a refurbished Touch Pro. :(

jeriel05 06-25-2010 03:01 AM

My wife is on her 3rd touch pro and her d pad is coming off, she really hates the phone and wants a blackberry. I remember reading ALOT of pages back about people who where offered bb tour's was anyone successful at getting one or even better yet a bold 9650 since thats what replaced the tour?