PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

cant we all just get along !
Old 04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G in the US, TP2 in Prague
Carrier: Sprint/T Mobile CZ

mplsfalls1973 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm done... YOU are asking if Asurion is replacing TP's with TP2's Brand new in box.. unless I'm reading wrong based on your past post.
"just wondering if asurion really is replacing with NIB TP2s. I have no intention of lying to them."

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91570
I just received a replacement from Asurion last Friday and it was a brand new unit. I was not complaining since it is probably the last Smartphone that can be used on a SERO plan. The rep at Asurion tried to give a Blackberry Tour and I explained that I have too much software which uses WM to switch right now, although I realize I will probably be switching once the EVO comes out.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3d _ haters gonna hate
Carrier: Your mom

faiz23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Wah wah wah. lol. What a crybaby. I never called you anything. You started the accusations, the crying, all of it. Serious issues, kid. Good riddance if you're ignoring me. You provide absolutely no useful info.

1. Yes you are. Doing it again. And calling yourself names I see. lol.
2. Yes you did. First thing you wrote in response to me.
3. No I didn't. I actually gave an answer. You said you don't know. I provided info.

And on the same note of not bothering with weirdos who need attention, another report of a Touch Pro 2 replacement. The claim was made yesterday online and phone received this morning. Brand new, and I mean NEW. New ROM already in place with documentation on the new ROM.

Congrats, faiz23. Good point that if online doesn't work for you, you can try making a claim by phone. Good luck to all those with honest claims.

someone reported in the asurion thread that it is offering a BB tour so i would just call in and make them give you a replacement phone that is wide touch screen, with slide out keyboard and wifi. eventually they will offer the TP2
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

onelord is a n00b

I have a touch pro II on the way....They were saying that they didnt have them in stock. Kept calling and got a young lady that place the order. New touch pro II full kit.... So yes it will work. My screen had a small crack in it.=D>.....................
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pmal19 is a n00b

Just went through Asurion, the website said I could replace it with a blackberry. It said it was "comparable" to what I had and had all similar features. Really? A blackberry Red? wtf even is a blackberry "red"? Im pretty sure the picture was of a pearl. Because all my windows mobile applications will really run on a blackberry, thus is is comparable. C'mon asurion, at least offer a winMO alternative that isnt 1/4 - 1/2 the value of my current phone.

Now that I think about it, the phones has almost no similar features, the blackberry had no touch screen, no true full keyboard, no windows mobile support, no landscape mode.... wtf
Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I wouldn't take a blackberry instead. If it doesn't work online, just cancel out and try giving them a call.

Congrats, onelord. Sometimes it just takes a little more work I guess. Saw a thread a while back about verizon selling them for $29.99, but at least our monthly bill is cheaper.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pmal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmal19 View Post
Just went through Asurion, the website said I could replace it with a blackberry. It said it was "comparable" to what I had and had all similar features. Really? A blackberry Red? wtf even is a blackberry "red"? Im pretty sure the picture was of a pearl. Because all my windows mobile applications will really run on a blackberry, thus is is comparable. C'mon asurion, at least offer a winMO alternative that isnt 1/4 - 1/2 the value of my current phone.

Now that I think about it, the phones has almost no similar features, the blackberry had no touch screen, no true full keyboard, no windows mobile support, no landscape mode.... wtf
An important update on my claim.
Today I went to a sprint store, showed it to them and the guy gave me a card to call Asurion, nothing was done at the store.

I went back on the Asurion website today and refiled my claim, this time instead of only offering a blackberry, it only offered a HTC 7380 (aka touch pro 2) so I quickly paid the $100 deductible and its on its way

Moral of the story : If you don't get the TP2 as an option from the insurance website, try again tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tocuh Pro

rizo is a n00b

i was offered a blackberry (curve?) online. something i really dont want so i called and said i was qualified for a hero or snap at the moment or wait til touch pro or touch pro 2 were back in stock... i have 60 days to decide or until my phone craps out. fyi my phone is actually physically damaged, cracking and exposing the circuit board.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none

iredline5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
i was offered a blackberry (curve?) online. something i really dont want so i called and said i was qualified for a hero or snap at the moment or wait til touch pro or touch pro 2 were back in stock... i have 60 days to decide or until my phone craps out. fyi my phone is actually physically damaged, cracking and exposing the circuit board.
So that means you would have to pay the 100 deductible with asurion.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

onelord is a n00b

Will have mine on fri...will give it to the wife to replace her instinct. Does anyone know if I will have to go to a sprint store to transfer numbers..?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro