PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Granted I'm not the biggest poster, but can anyone confirm that didn't just sign up and only have 1 post?

$100 isn't bad for a brand new phone. Also keeps your $150 discount for the upcoming EVO everyone's so excited about.

As a side note:
Tried the MR a while back and was kinda hoping for these issues to pop up, but not happening here. Just some minor things like programs not coming up in the quick list even though they are open and touch flo getting a little quirky or at times some random programs opening so I just close it and soft reset. Even lost my phone, but they went through my phonebook and returned it to a friend of mine. Today I had an issue where the backlight stayed on even when the device was off, but did a reset and it got fixed. Don't think I'm getting an exchange for that.

Last edited by saibot; 04-17-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:37 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Granted I'm not the biggest poster, but can anyone confirm that didn't just sign up and only have 1 post?

$100 isn't bad for a brand new phone. Also keeps your $150 discount for the upcoming EVO everyone's so excited about.

As a side note:
Tried the MR a while back and was kinda hoping for these issues to pop up, but not happening here. Just some minor things like programs not coming up in the quick list even though they are open and touch flo getting a little quirky or at times some random programs opening so I just close it and soft reset. Even lost my phone, but they went through my phonebook and returned it to a friend of mine. Today I had an issue where the backlight stayed on even when the device was off, but did a reset and it got fixed. Don't think I'm getting an exchange for that.
I won't encourage insurance fraud in any way, I may have before but I'll simply say, if you have a legitimate issue with you're TP (keyboard issues, screen issues, cracking on chrome) I believe Sprint therefore encourages YOU to use asurion for this matter. Go to www.phoneclaim.com/sprint file a claim for hardware issue ect... I forgot, you might get a TP2 in return.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

And I in no way encourage insurance fraud. However when you hear about mogul users getting updated to the TP2, no one can help but wonder why they weren't lucky with a device that got exchanged. Upgrading to the new MR rom isn't insurance fraud. Perhaps because I went back to factory and hard reset before upgrading, I didn't have the major issues. Just a few small ones.

Cracking on the chrome isn't covered. That's just cosmetic, though I acquired that when I lost my phone. Got it back without the case that was on it. Maybe it'll qualify, maybe it won't, but just wondering if asurion really is replacing with NIB TP2s. I have no intention of lying to them.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I will answer you're question once more... it is more of a what there system gives you, it can offer you a Sprint HTC touch pro2 or another TP, no one can for sure tell you what you will get but chances are pretty good that it might try to offer you one, just do it via online, if you don't like what they offer then simply cancel.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

A) You didn't answer it the first time
and
B) You still didn't

If you don't know the answer, then move along.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

I'm done... YOU are asking if Asurion is replacing TP's with TP2's Brand new in box.. unless I'm reading wrong based on your past post.
"just wondering if asurion really is replacing with NIB TP2s. I have no intention of lying to them."

^^^^ looks like main question of it all to me unless I'm reading wrong.

I did tell you, no one has a direct answer as it is all based on what there system offers you.

I'll just go ahead and tell you no, will that answer you're question as you seem to be getting ungrateful for help, sorry I'm not god so i can't tell you what there system will offer you based on there stock, either way this is the Sprint thread so best if you then therefore post in the asurion thread for your answer.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91570

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 04-19-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just keep saying that you don't know. I got that. Don't know why you keep posting that. I don't care. I'm not getting one. First you sound like you are accusing me of fraud, then insist that you answered a question while continuing to say you don't know the answer and then call me ungrateful. You need help, buddy.

Here some actual help for people. Did some researching around and it seem that either refurbished TPs have either become very rare or that asurion is getting tired of these things being returned. Most likely you will get a TP2 and it will be refurbished if one is available. If they run out of those then you'll get a new one, until a shipment of refurbs come in. If neither of those is available then they'll offer one of the other similar phones.

At the moment there have been reports of customers receiving TP2 also called the HTC 7380 or STARCOM 7380. Only saw one of someone receiving a TP recently.

THAT'S how you answer a question. Not by saying you don't know and whining, then making up an answer that's probably wrong.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

I actually don't need help. I'm pretty happy with my life, I don't need to help you, as if i wanted i could have simply ignored you and let you figure it out. My answer was what most people would say...

1. I'm not whining nor crying, don't have a reason to, especially when it comes to you're problem. arguing with a half brained stuck up, perhaps.

2. I never accused you of insurance fraud, guilty mind much? I was simply stating in my first post that "I won't encourage insurance fraud in any way"..

3. You simply put my answer to a longer written message... bravo bravo

P.S I've helped around 12 people file legit Asurion claims.. 3 of those were offered the TP.... later on were offered the TP2, like i said in me past post, it is decided on there system and stock.

Don't bother replying to this post, as I'll be adding you to the useful ignore list
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3d _ haters gonna hate
Carrier: Your mom

faiz23 is just getting started

i already posted but made a claim yesterday and had to fill out an affidavit and they called me back today. Yesterday online it said htc 7380 aka TP2 and when they called me to finalize the claim my email says "htc touch pro II new kitted" so as of right now just file a claim online and see what it offers you if you like it great if not call in an make a claim and see if they will give you different options.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I actually don't need help. I'm pretty happy with my life, I don't need to help you, as if i wanted i could have simply ignored you and let you figure it out. My answer was what most people would say...

1. I'm not whining nor crying, don't have a reason to, especially when it comes to you're problem. arguing with a half brained stuck up, perhaps.

2. I never accused you of insurance fraud, guilty mind much? I was simply stating in my first post that "I won't encourage insurance fraud in any way"..

3. You simply put my answer to a longer written message... bravo bravo

P.S I've helped around 12 people file legit Asurion claims.. 3 of those were offered the TP.... later on were offered the TP2, like i said in me past post, it is decided on there system and stock.

Don't bother replying to this post, as I'll be adding you to the useful ignore list
Wah wah wah. lol. What a crybaby. I never called you anything. You started the accusations, the crying, all of it. Serious issues, kid. Good riddance if you're ignoring me. You provide absolutely no useful info.

1. Yes you are. Doing it again. And calling yourself names I see. lol.
2. Yes you did. First thing you wrote in response to me.
3. No I didn't. I actually gave an answer. You said you don't know. I provided info.

And on the same note of not bothering with weirdos who need attention, another report of a Touch Pro 2 replacement. The claim was made yesterday online and phone received this morning. Brand new, and I mean NEW. New ROM already in place with documentation on the new ROM.

Congrats, faiz23. Good point that if online doesn't work for you, you can try making a claim by phone. Good luck to all those with honest claims.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro